Auto fibonacci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi spmcc,

try to answer your question. First of all, I do not know, how you calculated your line. There is some resistance at 1.6682, but this would be the October 23 High. Can't see any other Fibline around there. Please advise.

My analysis can be seen in the chart below (made with my favourite indicator, lol).

Back to the indicator. Its architecture is limited, so it cannot do everything. It does reliably identify retracements, extensions of those retracements and swing highs and lows, but it cannot identify expansions and alternate projections. Expansion would be a 3rd or 5th wave measured from the start of the 1st wave. An alternate projection would be the vertical size of the first wave added to the end of the second retracing wave. Both expansions and alternates would - unlike retracements and extensions - continue the original move.

Settings of the indicator: Your indicator only shows short term retracements Y and Z levels. Either you selected this on purpose, or your chart lookback period is too short. For a 60 minute chart, I would rather use the A to E level retracements. NT allows for merging futures contracts, which you need to do, if you want to have a longer lookback period.

So I set up the chart with the FibTool the way I would suggest to do, just to show the difference. My chart uses a contract merged from 6B 03-10, 6B 12-09 and 6B 09-09. The important areas are the confluence zones where you find a bunch of lines.

Also, please use the latest updated version of the indicator which you will find in the download section of this forum.

To answer your question, the multiple fib on your chart is indeed created by the new high, so it is not supposed to appear before the high was made!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Harry; 12-17-2009, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Hi spmcc,

Looking again at your chart and I discovered the extension tool.

So in my terminology this is a 138.2% expansion that you used. The indicator, as I stated below, does not draw expansions, it only does retracements and backward extensions.

Also with the other indicator I could not find your line for two reasons:

(1) The data is different, you use 6B 03-10, which was not the most liquid contract on Dec 2, while I used the merged data of 6B 12-09. So the size of the underlying swing on your chart is smaller than the size of the same swing on 6B 12-09 and your expansion line comes lower compared to the most liquid contract on Dec 2, which was 6B 12-09.

(2) Also I prefer to use expansions of 127.2% - but 138.2% is a choice that can be made. I just have run some statistical distributions that suggest that 127.2% might do better.

Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Thank you for all this input. I am finding it helpful already and will play with it a little more this week. HAve a great Christmas.

Comment

HI

Would you please send a new version of Fibonacci cluster for NT8 V 8.0.7.1

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mbafelfel View Post
            HI

Would you please send a new version of Fibonacci cluster for NT8 V 8.0.7.1

Thanks
            This was one of the first indicators that I had coded and I do not plan to convert it to NinjaTrader 8. I am currently working on conversion of about 100 indicators from NT7. You will already find about 70 here:

www.lizardindicators.com

In case that I code a Fibonacci indicator, I would use an entirely different concept, which would turn out fewer lines than the Fibonacci Cluster indicator.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
            80 responses
            5 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post adeelshahzad