Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Augmented approach/ strategy interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Augmented approach/ strategy interface

Hi

Is at all possible to modify the rules of a strategy while it's live/enabled in live trading? Would be nice to be able to add a "interface" for a strategy with XYZ rule "turn on/off" and ABC rule "turn/off" while the strategy is live, by simple clicking on and off on the interface. Any able to do this?

Suppose you enter based on XYZ rules. And then ABC rules are "trade management" rules. But the trader is able to turn on/off the trade management rules based on visual confirmations of the market. I guess I'm getting at an augmented approach rather than fully automated.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello,

From the standard user interface this would not be possible but you can certainly add to the UI to allow for manual control over the script.

I would suggest looking at the following example, this adds two buttons to the chart which can be used to do some action in the script. This is likely the most simple way to append items to the UI: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...collection.htm

There are more advanced ways to edit the UI to your liking if you want or even create your own windows but these are more advanced topics to learn.

We also have the addon framework which allows you to create your own tools that can work however you want them too. An example of an addon could be the superdom window with atm strategies, you could create your own order entry window that applies logic to manual orders, or submits automated orders per your logic. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes