Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scroll to the current bar (last on the right) by hotkey

Hello,

I wanted to be able to quickly return to the current bar (the most recent one on the right). To do that, we need use the small arrow in the short by mouse.

Is it possible to have a hotkey that does this.

The idea is to have a kind of "reset chart" hotkey to allow to quikly return to the normal view (after doing scroll in the past or vertically).

Some other trading tools (example Prorealtime) have this functionnality (reset chart with the space hotkey).

What is the best way to implement this by addon script?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Similarly, I'd like a hot key to cause chart compression to selected Right Margin setting in Chart Properties.

Comment

Don't know if this is what you want but you can simply select the "F" icon that appears on the top right of the chart when the chart is not in the default position.

Comment

Thanks Deanldavis,

basically, we can do the reset chart using the "F" and AND the arrow (both are needed).

I wanted to do it by the keyboard in one cick to be able to retrieve the initial situation of the chart quickly (not the mouse).

I hope there is a solution by code.

Comment

Hello elmikao,

I am happy to submit a feature request on your behalf for a hot key that performs the 'Return' functionality of the Return Icon and the Return to automatic scaling functionality of the 'F' button.

Once I have a tracking ID for these requests I will post these for future reference.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea,
            My request is not only for the "F" but also the arrow function.
            the hotkey should put the graph in its normal view (with the last bar on the right visible and the scale reset as initially)

the reset graph function exist in the other plateforms

cf. attachment
            Attached Files
            Last edited by elmikao; 02-25-2018, 03:14 PM. Reason: attach

Comment

Hello elmikao,

I've received a tracking ID for your request for the 'Return' functionality of the Return Icon and the Return to automatic scaling functionality of the 'F' button to be hotkeys.

This request is being tracked with ID #SFT-2386.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback. Please let me know of any other suggestions you have for NinjaTrader.

Comment

What about this....

What about having an automatic reset to normal scale of the Fixed scale along with a reset of the right arrow whenever the price trades above or below the current chart window margin level, whether or not the current price is to the right of the right side window margin.

This automatic reset could be a user selected option in a chart windows properties...no hotkey would be necessary for this way to reset....of course you could also have at the same time a user selected hotkey to do the same thing whenever the user may choose.
                And this would allow fixed scale to remain in chart windows where automatic reset is not selected.

Having the price trade off the screen when in fixed scale can be a real problem.

Additionally you can always reset the right arrow by hitting the End key.

Thanks....
                Last edited by Alfred; 02-26-2018, 11:35 AM. Reason: added stuff

Comment

Hello Alfred,

To clarify, you are asking for an automatic centering on the last price only when the last price marker is out of range of the chart, is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                    Hello Alfred,

To clarify, you are asking for an automatic centering on the last price only when the last price marker is out of range of the chart, is this correct?
                    When price is out of range of the chart (vertically & or to the right), Fixed Scale would be canceled automatically (as a user option) and price would return to normal automatic scaling, with the last bar on right showing at your right side margin.......back to a normal looking chart...

...no return to automatic centering unless scaling had been set that way by the user.

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Thanks for clarifying.

If the price is out of the viewable area, you would like the chart to automatically return to automatic scaling.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will forward this to you for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                        Hello Alfred,

Thanks for clarifying.

If the price is out of the viewable area, you would like the chart to automatically return to automatic scaling.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will forward this to you for future reference.
                        Yes on the above auto return conditions (as a user option).

Comment

Hello Alfred,

Your request is being tracked with ID #SFT-1120.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when any request will be implemented.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Comment

A Note for the Development Team....

Below are 2 screen shots of the same chart ....one is set to Auto scale...the other is set to Center price on scale....Auto scale is much preferable visually and for applying chart Draw Tools etc...."Center price on scale" may work to keep the last price on scale, but it is not good for much, if anything, else.

That is why I prefer Auto scale....and if you are then in Fixed scale, and the price trades off the screen.... to then have automatic canceling of Fixed scale would be ideal (if the auto canceling option is selected by the user.)......currently it is quite easy for the price to trade off the screen when in Auto scale and not to be noticed immediately.....that is a problem.....

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Alfred; 02-27-2018, 10:27 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Please add my vote.
                              Re: defining what the scope of request should be - my comments/what I'd like to see and why......
                              Simply put - take a look at the Vertical Scroll Tools indicator for NT7, it is a comprehensive implementation of all things desirable.
                              Re: Alfred's Auto-centering chart not much good for anything else other than getting price back on screen. I, and I know others, use this feature to keep chart price and DOM price aligned visually horizontally. So whilst it is inefficient from a chart real-estate point of view ('wasting' half the chart), it has a different benefit to some users, that of keeping price in the same horizontal visual plane in both DOM and chart (benefit being price action characteristics of both DOM representation and chart representation thereof)rather than having to switch your visual focus from, say, top of chart to centre of DOM back and forth (so, from a functionality viewpoint I want both - I use a short timeframe chart next to my DOM with autocenter on price on chart and autocenter on price on DOM, and longer timeframe charts without autocenter on price to see the 'bigger picture'/more price action visible in the same chart real-estate)
                              VST indicator has it all - the ability to add a user-defined 'margin' top/bottom, so that autocentering is activated x ticks before price reaches the visible chart boundary so that you can 'see ahead' i.e. if there is a price point of interest e.g. support/resistance level a few ticks beyond current price at the top/bottom of your screen, you don't only find out when you bump into it!
                              Autoscroll which is what Alfred is after, Vertical Drag which is now Ctrl+Drag in NT8
                              The whole deal, everything you could want and never a glitch in the several years I've been using it.
                              Why every single one of these features wasn't implemented as standard in NT8 is beyond me, a 'hobby coder' managed it in 7 and it is absolute perfection, never, repeat never, caused an error in several years of daily use on 30 charts.
                              But we did get Ctrl+Drag on charts and AutoCenter on Price. I guess we have to be thankful for miniscule mercies. NT please change the request to 'copy VST code, edit for NT8 code-breaking changes, and build in to core NT8 build'. You don't need to do any heavy-lifting thinking of what the features 'should be', already done for you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Aviram Y  
                              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes