Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing orders on diffrent tabs

Hi,

Nice to be a part of a NinjaTrader member!

First question:

I'm wondering, why I can't place an order on different charts than the first one when I create multiple tabs charts (Like 3 in one window).

I mean placing orders directly on a chart. This is important for me because it saves a lot of free space on a monitor display having different chart one by one in a vertical raw.

Second questions:

How can I displace all orders that I have open? There is a one really old order placed on my Sim account and it doesn't appear in orders window... I don't even remember what it was

Third question:

Why is the program icon different than a Ninja Trader logo? I have a Utorrent icon connected with NinjaTrader platform program on a Windows desktop and reinstall doesn't help. It is a bit confusing but not a big deal - I can live with that

Hope the questions are clear

Thank You for the professional and quick support!

Regards

Hello InwestorWkapeluszu,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!
    1. You must activate chart trader in each chart tab - if chart trader is open on the primary tab this does not mean that you can use chart trader in all other chart tabs opened in that window.

2. I think you mean display, go to your Control Center window and select the Orders tab. Right click and select Filter Orders --> Only Active orders to only view active orders.

3. There could a few different reasons for this. To correct this, right click on the icon and select Properties. In Windows 10, there is a shortcut tab, go to this tab in the Properties window.

Select Change Icon. Select Browse and navigate to Program Files (x86) --> NinjaTrader 8 --> bin or bin64 (select bin for the 32 bit shortcut, bin64 for the 64 bit shortcut) --> then select the file that is named NinjaTrader.ico and is of the type Icon. The size of the icon file is approximately 124 KB.

If you are unable to view the file name extensions (ex: .ico or .dll) then please follow these instructions to show the file name extensions:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-f...ons-in-windows

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You for a fast reply!

1. Okay, I understand it but how can I be able to make orders on all of the tabs ?

2. I'm in the order tab window and put filters - Show only for Sim account and Show only active orders. Nothing is showing but in an account, a panel is can see that I have unrealized PnL - where can I find it?

3. Great! Thank You

One more question:

4. Can I hide drawing object on a hart?

Comment

You must activate chart trader on your other tabs - chart trader is activated by selecting the chart trader icon on your chart toolbar.

I'd recommend checking your positions tab as open positions would be reporting unrealized PnL on the sim101 account.

If you go into a drawing objects properties there is a Visible tag, disable it to hide the object.

Either double click on the drawing object or select it, then right click and select properties to do this.

Comment

1. I want to show you o a PrntScrn what I mean :

The red box has the option for activating chart trader but the green one doesn't.

2. Yes, that what I needed thank!

3. I meant hiding all object at the same time

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The chart trader panel is only ever going to be associated with the primary data series, there isn't a way to activate it on the other panels on in the same chart window.

There is an existing feature request to be able to have chart trader show orders in multiple panels in the same window instead of just the primary panel, I will add your vote to the existing request being tracked with SFT-2373.

There are options to hide all global drawing objects from your chart, but not all locally drawn objects on your chart. That would have to be done by editing the visible parameter in the Drawing Objects properties window.

Comment

Thank You!

Can You also add a request for hiding all local drawing tool with a one single button click? I saw that request in posts from 2009 (maybe it's hard to code) - It would be really handy!

Another question:

1. How can I make an automated cancel for "sell limit order" when my "Stop Market" order is filled with this trade?

2. Is it possible that my Stop Market order was filled 11 pips bellow request amount? Is there a way to prevent that? (On main fluid Forex pair)

3. Is there a faster way for putting alerts than going into properties (maybe some preset of alert)

Thank You for Your help! I appreciate that
              Last edited by InwestorWkapeluszu; 02-20-2018, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I'll submit the request for the local objects for you.

Your first question is a bit vague, can you clarify - are you attempting to enable OCO (one cancels other) functionality on a pair of orders, a stop market and a stop limit order?

Regarding your second question, it is possible that this could have occurred. Discounting any other issues with the software such as running on an older version or experiencing database corruption, this would depend on what the bid/ask spread was as buy orders will fill at the ask price and sell orders will fill at the bid price. Submitting a market order will send an order that will fill at the best available price immediately.

And for your third question, I'd also like some additional clarification - there are no such things as alert templates, is this what you are referring to? This is also an existing feature request I can add a vote to.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Thank you for a response!

Sorry for late reply.

I'll try being more clear this time

1. Is there a way to cancel pending order after another got filled?

Example:

I'm in trade already and have a Stop Market above to protect myself from a big loss. But in a meantime, I go out and I'm not able to watch my trade going. If I hit the first Target I would like to cancel my Stop Market order.

2. Am I able to put an alert with a one or two clicks? Or a shortcut? And am I able to create a horizontal line with a specified color with a shortcut or faster than standard way?

I'm asking this because in 10-20 trades where you have a bunch of lines and alerts it is pretty annoying to do so much clicking

ANOTHER portion of questions:

3. I had a situation where wick of a candle passed my MIT order - how can it occur if the order by its meaning should be filled while the wick touches it?

4. Do You know some place where I can get free data for a Forex? Even a few months of 1hour data or even daily would be okay.

I'm grateful for all your answers! I know it a lot but I want my Ninjas Trading to be as much easy and pleasant as possible Thank You!

Comment

1. You may use OCO orders or the ATM strategy feature to remove orders after your position is filled with your exit orders. I have provided you with more information regarding both items below:

2. Currently with the Alerts system there will not be a way to set an alert with only a few clicks. However you may create one alert and use a copy of it > Adjust this item to your standards.

You may create horizontal lines using the F6 key and vertical lines using the F7 key.

3. This item will be subjected to the Market behavior. In high volatility there is no guarantee that the order will fill due to how many contracts the market is able to fill before moving again. If it is unable to fill due to volatility or there are no contracts on the other side of the market to complete the trade the order will stay active within NinjaTrader.

4. Below I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for futures and/or forex data.

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank You, that really helps!

I have a problem with a request for a free data. When I do all the steps in a link that you provided I get to the point where is the program for download and no step for request a data.

I already have an account and use Ninja Trader daily.

Please give me some more information how can I ask for a free data.

Thank You!

Comment

The link below will have an option for NinjaTrader FXCM. There will be a tab that you will need to select above the personal information fields for FOREX based data.
                        NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Comment

Thank you. I think I was misunderstood :

Do You provide some historical data for a few passed months?

Another question :

How can I see a history of my all order? In order tab, there are only orders from the present day.

Best Regards

Comment

NinjaTrader will provide historical data for the past few months for Forex based instruments. You may download the data while connected to a NInjaTrader based connection:

You may view past trades in the Trade Performance window.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred