Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

categorize strategy inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

categorize strategy inputs

Hello,

Anyone knows how we categorize strategy /entry/exit/time on the strategy builder?

I attached a snip of what I would like to do.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello ashmanz80,

Thanks for your post.

You would not be able to create the categories in the strategy builder.

You could unlock your code and work with the CatagoryOrderAttribute: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rattribute.htm

If you unlock your code you would not be able to open it with the strategy builder and would need to work in the NinjaScript editor.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you. I thought that might be the case. I also wanted to ask, would you know how I can have a MAMA cross set on the strategy builder? Since it has both slow and fast under one indicator I'm not sure how I can get the cross to work using the builder.

Comment

Hello ashmanz80,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you can use the MAMA indicator in the strategy builder.

The MAMA indicator contains two plots, one call MAMA and the other is FAMA.

On the left side of the conditions builder, select the MAMA indicator, in the settings of the indicator select the plot (Value Plot) you wish to use to cross above the other (FAMA or MAMA). In the center select the CrossAbove or CrossBelow. On the right, again select the MAMA indicator, in the settings select the plot Value Plot) to be crossed over (the opposite plot from the left side).

Comment

I really appreciate the help!
          Can you please tell me how I can have the time to trade (i.e. Start, End) set as an input for a strategy so I can change that directly from the strategy analyzer?

When I try to set it as an input parameter and change the time, its not working.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello ashmanz80,

Thanks for your reply.

In the strategy builder, at the input and variables screen, add Two inputs (StartTime, EndTime), after clicking Add, enter the name, under type select Time, then set the default time for each. This will provide a parameter that you can set when you apply the strategy

To use the inputs:

In the conditions builder, click Time>Time series in the center choose Greater equal (>=) On the right side choose User input and then select the start time variable

This would create a condition that says if the Bar time is >= your start time

If you are trying to create a trading time range, then you would repeat the process to add the end time except you would use Less equal (<=)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes