volumetrics nt8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volumetrics nt8

I recently upgraded to a lifetime license and am trying to setup the volumetrics chart for the March ES contract. When I go into the data series and select volumetric chart it looks like there are a number of options missing. I have included a screen shot. I am using Continuum as a data provider.
    Attached Files

Hello rexsole,

Welcome to the forums!

Volumetric Bars are very different from the non Order Flow + Bar Types. Some parameters are the same, and others are unused or different. What you are seeing in the Data Series window would be normal.

For more detail on these parameters, the Volumetric Bar Type can be referenced in our help guide here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...BarsDataSeries

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't help. I go into Data Series, select Volumetric and one minute chart. In the Data Series the Delta Type, Ticks per level, size filter appear. When I go down to Chart Style for the Chart Style Type the choice of Bid/Ask or Delta is not available. Neither are any of the other options that show up on your help guide for volumetrics. The order flow indicators work fine. The volumetrics doesn't. I have tried removing and reloading NT8 but that hasn't worked.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello rexsole,

Thanks for clarifying.

In a case like this I would be suspect of the installation. I see that you have mentioned you have already attempted an uninstall and reinstall. Our next step should be to test in a completely clean environment.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        3. Test the Volumetric BarType, and please let us know if you are having issues setting the ChartStyle once the BarType has been set.

If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.

For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

If these steps do not aid the situation, please send me an email at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attention Jim" and the ticket ID 1851268 so we can schedule a support call to look into this further. If you can provide a screenshot of the Data Series window from the new installation, it would be appreciated as well.

I look forward to resolving this matter with you.

Comment

I went ahead and uninstalled the older version of NT8 and did a clean install of NT8. It seems to be working but when doing a clean install I also needed to reenter the info to create a logon for the data provider. Using the same logon info for the NT8 old version got me an invalid user and/or password message. I have reentered info several times making sure that there are no unnecessary spaces but have not been successful.

Comment

Hello rexsole,

You may copy the Config.xml file from the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" platform folder and drop it into the clean installation "NinjaTrader 8" folder to copy over any saved connections and credentials. (These are encrypted and not saved as plain text.)

If this is unavailable, I may suggest requesting your credentials from your provider. Our platform support office would not have access to NinjaTrader Continuum credentials, but the brokerage office would and can be reached at brokeragesupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

If there is anything else we can do to assist, please let me know.

Comment

Dear NT Platform Support,

Congratulations and thank you for your efforts to roll out the Volumetrics Order Flow tools.

I'd appreciate your help in determining why I continue to experience intermittent issues with the Volumetrics settings properly displaying the DOM ladder. As you can see in the attached screenshot of a 3-minute YM chart, only "0"s appear for the "Bid" prices on every candle and notice the wide space between the "Bid" & "Ask" prices. Also, the "alt" + "up/down" keys to widen/narrow the candles does not operate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
              Jim
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jim,

I have a few questions regarding the 0's you see for each Bid so we can troubleshoot further.
                1. Do you see this on multiple instruments or just using YM 03-18?
                2. Could you further describe what makes this intermittent and when it occurs?
                3. Who is your data provider?

As for changing the Bar Width and the Box Size, this functionality was not included with the design. I'll submit feature requests for this behavior on your behalf and update this post/thread when I receive the ticket ID's.

1. Allow changing of Bar width for Volumetric bars (include hotkeys) [SFT-2386]
                2. Allow changing of the width of the DOM Box [SFT-3049]

Please keep in mind, feature requests are fulfilled based on the development team's priorities and we cannot offer an ETA. Upon implementation, the ticket ID's can be seen in the Release Notes page of the help guide.

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

I'm happy to assist you further.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 02-20-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes