Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Remote Desktop

Hi,

for some time I had NT7 with parallels installed on my Mac. Since NT8 there is no way to get it work with no lags under parallels even with the fastest Mac. So I decided to buy a new Windows 10 rig Intel 6x4ghz, 16GB and GT1060. I have 3x4K monitors. Today I installed everything and got it under remote desktop to work with all three monitors in full resolution 4096x2160p. Ninjatrader itself is also going fine and smoothly. But there is one thing which is suspicious. The crosshair is very laggy. Doesn't matter if local or global. If connect the machine directly to monitor everything is fine, so it might be a problem with Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP).
    The weird thing is if you have a chart in fullscreen and have a pending order and you will change the order and take the pending line and go to top or bottom, this is much faster than the crosshair. It also doesn't matter how much charts are open. I have a fresh install with one chart for testing, no indicators or something else. My mac pro is connected in same network with an 1Gbit wired LAN. Is there maybe a tweak or trick to make the crosshair smoother or faster? Or is this a limitation over remote desktop Tried also over VNC and Teamviewer but same result. These both programs do not allow me to use all three monitors. So only Microsoft Remote Desktop is the way to go.

If I understand you correctly, there is no issue with crosshairs when you are physically using the PC with your 4K monitors. The issue only occurs when using a remote access program.

If this is correct, then I suspect the limitation is with the bandwidth/capabilities of the remote access program.

Comment

Yes this is right, only when access with remote program. Maybe there is someone here who have same problem and any solution for it. The normal cursor on the windows are fine and smoothly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18