Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding symbols quickly to Market Analyzer

Hi,
    Is there a quick way to add multiple symbols to market analyzer? For example in Tradestation, I can copy a column of symbols from my stock scanner intraday and simply paste into the quote window and VOILA ... I can watch them for the rest of the day and add to it or remove from it by selecting and hitting delete. After all, we are here to make money and the point is not to go through all the nonsense of going through multiple dialogs to enter symbols.
    However I can't seem to find a way to do this in NT8 . Strangely the same limitation existed in the ancient NT7 .
    Seeing as NT8 is supposed to be the latest and greatest NT, is there a way to to add remove symbols quickly OR do I have my head in the clouds ?
    Thank-you,
    iq

iq200,

Thanks for posting.

There would not be a "copy and paste" sort of method available to add instruments to the Market Analyzer. However, you can add entire lists of instruments to the Market Analyzer at a time. To do this, right-click within the Market Analyzer and select "Add Instrument(s)." Select the desired instrument list and then click "Select All." More information at the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew,
      Thanks for your reply. It would be really cool to have this copy/paste behaviour in addition to the current right click behaviour. But rather than typing and having a form come up to complete the symbol, it would be far better to type it in the spreadsheet don't see a point in having a right click to add instrument and then have a form display to add the instrument. There also doesnt seem to be any validation as I can type anything at this point. Infact, all it does is to slow a user down. Right now, once an instrument has been added, you can just double click to edit-change it.
      This is inconsistent behaviour. It would be far more intuitive to have the behaviour I mentioned. Would it be possible to request this?
      Thanks,
      iq

Comment

iq200,

Thanks for replying.

I have submitted this as a Feature Request to the Development Team to be considered as a possible addition in future releases of the platform.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The "workaround" could be to save a MarketAnalyzer workspace with a two symbols added, then close NT, and edit file: documents/Ninjatrader 8/templates/MarketAnalyzer and add such block (for each symbol) in <Rows> parts:

<Row>
          <RowType>Normal</RowType>
          <Instrument>GOLD Default</Instrument>
          </Row>

and open up NT > MA > load template

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          1 response
          0 likes