Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Alerts - Various problems and they stop working a few days after setup

I wanted to report various issues with NT8 Alerts - I'm using v8.0.11.1

1) The 'Equals' condition does not work at all - there is no alert generated when, for example, price touches a line.

2) When I set up a series of alerts on one chart, they work ok for a couple of days. However, after this I get no alerts from that chart. For example, I set up 5 alerts for DAX linking to in-built indicators (such as EMA) and custom indicators, and all have stopped working just 2 days after setup. They break and the only way to resolve is to go into the Alerts configuration and once again, manually reselect the indicators in the conditions panel. I've noticed that the "Object" column in the alert conditions panel also goes blank after a few days - it should be showing the indicator details. Perhaps this is something to do with the alert stopping? I enclose a screenshot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by synclavier; 01-25-2018, 07:16 AM.

Hello synclavier,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Can you please post a screen shot of the configured Equals alert you are using?

If these are separate from the alerts in 2 that stop working, please also post these as well.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric,

I attach a further screenshot - in this chart, all cross above and cross below conditions are working, but the equals condition has never worked. I have double-checked via the NT alerts log.

In the charts that are not working after initial setup 2 days ago, I have added new indicators (but not removed any connected to an alert) and also refreshed the chart by choosing Reload Ninjascript (F5). I wonder if these actions are impacting on the stability of the enabled alerts....hopefully, it doesn't.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply and additional information. Based on the settings, this would be unexpected behavior.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments
        * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post stafe
        by stafe

Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        4 responses