Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM strategy and Stop strategy dialogs OK vs Save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM strategy and Stop strategy dialogs OK vs Save

if this is by design, could it be changed in NT7?....or is it a bug?

without exception all my users have problems with the ATM strategy and Stop strategy dialogs....they are not intuitive

every other dialog in NT responds intuitively if you click the OK button...i.e. it saves the settings you are looking at when you click the button.

in both the ATM strategy and Stop strategy dialogs, you have to right click and then Manage.../Save. This has been very confusing to everyone I have talked to and is the main thing I have to caution/teach how to use relative to ATMs. I still get caught on it once in a while myself.

For instance, in its worst case, you make a change in the Stop Strategy dialog and do Manage.../Save. You then proceed with Market Replay. You notice that the change has not taken effect. This is because, even though you did not change the ATM Strategy dialog, you must do Manage.../Save to it also or the change in the Stop Strategy dialog will not be used when you rerun the cs.

My cs mainly uses AtmStrategyCreate code and several ATMs. We do a lot of changes and testing so this NT quirk is really annoying.

It would be great if you could just click OK, like every where else, and the change in that dialog is saved. Perhaps change the OK button to a Save button...i.e. why have an OK button if when you click it the dialog settings being viewed are not OK ...unless you take the extra step of Manage/Save. The OK buttons in both dialogs actually have no useful effect at all that I can see.

In other words, unless you save the new settings as a Template, they are not used. Even then, if you save the Stop Strategy settings as a template, the ATM strategy will not use the changed template unless you re-save the ATM strategy as a new template...even though you did not change it directly...i.e. it does not just use the new Stop Strategy template unless you reset the ATM strategy template. Convoluted?

How about doing away with the OK buttons and the templates and just do a Save for both dialogs?

Please consider changing and/or let me know if I am missing something here. Thanks

Thank you for your suggest. I will forward it to development.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes