Exporting a Custom Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting a Custom Indicator

Not sure which thread to use to post this question. Feel free to move to a better thread if it exists. While exporting a custom indicator, I got an error message saying that the indicator referenced another indicator (@sma) and that indicator should be added. When I went back to try and add the indicator it doesn't show up on the list of indicators that could be exported. Do I have to copy and rename it, inside the primary indicator, or is there some other way I can get to the standard indicators to use in exporting compiled code.

Also, to protect the exported indicator I have to license a third part component. What is the cost to do that?

Hi Daven,

Someone from development will follow up to this thread by tomorrow on the export issue.

The cost for the 3rd party assembly protection software is $299. This is a special price that we negotiated specifically for NT customers. Price is normally $1,800. Contact [email protected] and let them know you want special NinjaTrader pricing.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Daven !

The indicators which are referenced by your custom indicator will be added automatically by the export process. This is just a information message for the user, that these indicators will be added.

In the message you refer to, are you asked if you want to continue ? If this is true, press yes, and the export process will be continue. If no, please send the indicator you want to export and a screenshot of the error message to:
      christian AT ninjatrader DOT com

Thanks and kind regards,
      Christian
      ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
        Hi Daven,

Someone from development will follow up to this thread by tomorrow on the export issue.

The cost for the 3rd party assembly protection software is $299. This is a special price that we negotiated specifically for NT customers. Price is normally $1,800. Contact [email protected] and let them know you want special NinjaTrader pricing.
        Sorry (again) to resurrect old threads, but this is the topic I want to discuss. I sent an email in to [email protected] asking about Ninja Trader pricing. I have not received a reply at all in a week now. Are they still in business?

On another note, what is your process for developing business partners? My buddy and I are developing some custom indicators and we may be able to attract NinjaTrader customers for you.

Thanks!
        Bryan
        cassb
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Comment

Hi cassb,

Yes, I believe they are still in business, maybe your mail got lost in some filter, just resend it...

For developer partner inquiries, please send us a mail to sales at NinjaTrader dot com

Thanks and enjoy your weekend!
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I paid the $299 and HuiHong sent me some links to download a couple .MSI files for Visual Studio. Is this what I need for Ninja Trader? I don't have VS installed... how do I get NT to recognize this software?

Thanks!
            Bryan
            cassb

Comment

Hi cassb,

Please contact the vendor directly to get help on integrating their software.

Thanks!
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                Hi cassb,

Please contact the vendor directly to get help on integrating their software.

Thanks!
                OK, I have installed the RemoteSoft package and now I am able to export compiled and protected DLLs, yay!

So... next step. How do I set up a NT Vendor License so that I can require users of this custom indicator to register and provide their machine ID?

Thanks!
                Bryan
                cassb

Comment

You will need to send an email to sales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and inquiry them for using the vendor licensing.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ScottWalsh  
                  Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes