Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Where to start to understand alerts? (Newbie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start to understand alerts? (Newbie)

Hi all. (NinjaTrader 7)

I'm looking for a good place to start to learn about alerts.

I've looked in the Help section, but could see no "Starting point".

I trade manually (no "automated strategy" for instance) off charts with just EMA indicators. Is it possible to setup alerts based on conditions on a chart?

I am aware that there is something at File/New/Alerts... but I think that only displays existing alerts. Well, how does one go about creating an alert in the first place???

Thanks.

Hello M_ichel,

Thanks for your posts.

In NinjaTrader7 the indicator(s) would need to be modified in coding to produce an alert. This is done in Ninjascript and would use the Alert() method, reference: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...nt7/?alert.htm

The File>New>alerts will open the alerts window that any ninjascript that uses the alert method would send the alert message to.

It is possible to create alerts using the strategy wizard and you may want to test that out. Here is a link to a short video that walks you through the process (The strategy will not place orders unless you specifically add code to do that): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0s...A14C398CA140D7

Alternatively, in NinjaTrader8 we have added easily configurable chart alerts that can produce sound, pop-up messages, place an order and/or send en e-mail/text in addition to send a message to the Alerts window.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post

It is possible to create alerts using the strategy wizard and you may want to test that out. Here is a link to a short video that walks you through the process (The strategy will not place orders unless you specifically add code to do that): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt0s...A14C398CA140D7
      Excellent video and it's just what I need! Thanks, Paul!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Alternatively, in NinjaTrader8 we have added easily configurable chart alerts that can produce sound, pop-up messages, place an order and/or send en e-mail/text in addition to send a message to the Alerts window.
      One more argument for moving to Ninja 8...

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes