Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Instrument list in a toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument list in a toolbar

Its me again.

Ok so I have a new project I want to try and figure out. This is a nice to have feature for me and I am well aware that you have tabbed controls to achieve this functionality.

Here is a question I posted on FIO:
    =================================
    I have a day chart which I frequently look at. Is there an indicator or plugin or something that will enable me to have a predefined list of instruments listed at the top of the chart, so that I can quickly scan through instead of using the drop down list. I dont like having multiple tabbed charts open and this way maintains a single window which consumes less resources than maintaining multiple tabbed windows that hardly get looked at . much quicker than the drop down list as well.
    =================================
    I downloaded the attached script file but it is meant for NT7. My question here is: What specifically about NT7 code makes it incompatible with NT8? Are there minor things to look at and change or is it a huge can of worms? I would like to substitute the drawing tools with Instruments so that when I click the button it changes the current chart instrument to the selected one. Exactly the same as selecting it from the drop down, just that the buttons will be shown n the screen.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello Grantx,

What is not currently possible is changing the instrument of a chart from a script.

However, a solution for what you are trying to do is to add a list of instruments to the market analyzer and then link this window with the window linking. Any instrument you click on in the market analyzer will change the chart to that instrument.

Below is a link to a short video to demonstrate.

As well as a link to the help guide.

I will submit your inquiry as a feature request to allow a script to change the instrument of a chart. Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.

There are a great many changes from NT7 to NT8. Method names have been changed, rendering has moved from GDI+ to DirectX via SharpDX, there are new properties and property names have changed, attributes have changed.. NT7 used winforms, NT8 uses wpf.

Below is a link to the code breaking changes.

And a link to whats new with NinjaScript.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 04-20-2017, 07:35 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I didnt even think about market analyser.
      Thanks for the links as well will check them out.

Comment

Hello Grantx,

For future reference, your request for a NS method to change the instrument configured on a chart is being tracked with ID #SFT-1085.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if and when a request will be implemented.

Thanks for the suggestion. Please let me know if you have any other requests for NinjaTrader.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes