Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

True smi indicator for nt8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True smi indicator for nt8

I found a version of SMI for NT7 called "SMI119." I'm attempting to convert it to NT8 however I'm having difficulty doing so. I've built the frame in NT8 and copied the code from 7 into, what I think, is the designated area for 8. Obviously, the code is receiving errors. The code file for the NT8 version is attached.

Any and all help with would be beyond appreciated and I think we could all benefit from having a true SMI Indicator in NT8, I can't seem to find one anywhere on the forum or elsewhere.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rikkachet; 03-14-2018, 07:55 PM.

Hello rikkachet,

Thanks for your post.

There are a few key items to look for when converting your scripts from NinjaTrader 7 format to NinjaTrader 8, and we keep a Code Breaking Changes table updated in the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide to assist in identifying changes or new implementations of familiar methods and properties from NinjaTrader 7: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

Some notable items to consider when converting your code will be the following:

Initialization has changed significantly. Initialize() has been replaced with OnStateChange(), which can be used to filter out different stages of the entire life cycle of a script (SetDefaults, Configure, Historical, Realtime, Terminated, etc.) OnStateChange() is fully covered in the Help Guide.

The names of many methods and properties have changed slightly, so you will need to refactor these in your code. The Code Breaking Changes table can make this task much easier, and there is also an alphabetical reference in the Help Guide that can help to find new method/property names: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._reference.htm

In numerous instances, you now have direct access to objects, where in NinjaTrader 7 you had to work with interfaces. For example, rather than the IOrder interface, you now have direct access to an Order object and its related fields. This will require a change in the way items like this are handled in your code.

As always, we are more than happy to help out with tips and advice in this area, although we do not offer full script conversion services.

The SMI (Stochastic Momentum Indicator) is available as a part of another indicator download here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=7&linkid=682
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes