Ergodic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi starry...
    That's been covered a few times in the thread... Take a look at the 1st post as well as a couple others of mine in this tread as well.

Basically it's a smoothed difference of the relationships between High/Low and Open/Close... much like a candlestick hence the name.

Originally developed by William Blau

Comment

Zoltran,

Thanks for your work on this indicator! I've only been studying it for a short amount of time, but I really like it.

Here is a link to a picture of how I'm using ECO2.
      [URL]http://screencast.com/t/ty3cr3HndL[/URL]

Would it be possible for you to make the following improvements to ECO indicator:

1. Paintbar - paint bars red when the eco line is red, blue when blue, yellow when yellow (I've chose yellow as the color of the main which only shows when there is no rising or falling bias).

2. Arrow - Blue arrows when it moves from yellow to blue...red arrow when it moves from yellow to blue?

3. Audio alert - "possible long signal" - when the eco line turns blue...."possible short signal" when the eco line turns red.

I don't know much about programming. I don't know if that is 5 minutes of work for you or 5 hours...

You might even have better ideas... I've only been looking at this indicator for a short amount of time.

Thanks,
      TC

Comment

Zoltran,

Did you get the last reply? I didn't get any response.

The paintbars are more important to me than the other things but they would all "be nice". I can compensate you for this work, I just don't have the skills to do it myself.

TC

Comment

Hi todda
          There already is a version of the ECO that paints the bars.
          Read down near begining of this forum... Like at [url]http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showpost.php?p=28435&postcount=35[/url]

See if this is what you want ..

Comment

Hi Zoltran,

I've seen the ECO bars...those do not help me.

What I want is:
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Candlestick Paint Bars that will paint the bars to match the color of the ECO Line. I'm currently using blue for rising, red for falling and yellow for main when neither rising or falling is dominant. [/FONT][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The arrows and alerts are not important at this point.[/FONT][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Is that something that you can help with? I'm currently using the ECO2New indicator that Big Mike modified from your original design. [/FONT][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Please let me know.[/FONT][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Thanks,[/FONT][/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Todd[/FONT][/SIZE]
            [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]

Comment

[QUOTE=zoltran;100251]Hi todda
              There already is a version of the ECO that paints the bars.
              Read down near begining of this forum... Like at [url]http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showpost.php?p=28435&postcount=35[/url]

See if this is what you want ..[/QUOTE]
              Hi Zoltran
              With regards to your post dated: 02-12-2008, 06:17 PM , indicator for "[B]ECO Based Price Bars[/B] ". Could you please inform me if i can upload this indicator in Ninja Trader version 7?
              this is great work
              many thanks
              suresh

Comment

[QUOTE=sjogia;197095]Hi Zoltran
                With regards to your post dated: 02-12-2008, 06:17 PM , indicator for "[B]ECO Based Price Bars[/B] ". Could you please inform me if i can upload this indicator in Ninja Trader version 7?
                this is great work
                many thanks
                suresh[/QUOTE]

Sjogia, maybe this BMT Forum post will be helpful... Notice the original author was Zoltran and this one is noted as good for NT 7. (Aside, BMT has many helpful people and info; I've learned much there.)
                [URL]http://www.bigmiketrading.com/local_links.php?action=ratelink&catid=4&linkid=5[/URL]

Comment

Backtest Strategy for the Ergodisc/ECO2New Indicator?

The Ergodisc / ECO2New indicator looks interesting. Any pointers on how to create a strategy to backtest it? ( I am new to Ninja Trader. ) I would also appreciate any comments on using this indicator as part of a trading system - stops, other indicators, etc. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Comment

[QUOTE=visionone;254405]The Ergodisc / ECO2New indicator looks interesting. Any pointers on how to create a strategy to backtest it? ( I am new to Ninja Trader. ) I would also appreciate any comments on using this indicator as part of a trading system - stops, other indicators, etc. Thank you in advance for your reply.[/QUOTE]
                    IMHO, I'd recommend looking over the BigMikesTrading Forum (free), much info available, then if you find value there, by all means the nominal ($50 I think) fee to have access to Elite areas is a bargain.
                    [url]http://www.bigmiketrading.com/[/url]

Comment

ergodic candlestick for Excel or Open Office

hello, I am Antonio from Florene -Italy-
                      I am looking for the "ergodic candlestick"'s code in Excel or (better yet) Open Office Calc.
                      Could anybody upload this indicator?
                      Is there somebody able to help me?
                      Thx so lot

Antonio Dellisanti

Comment

hello Antonio,

I think you didn't get any answers because it is a bit unclear what your request exactly is.

[QUOTE]I am looking for the "ergodic candlestick"'s code in Excel or (better yet) Open Office Calc.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain this a bit more ? Code for use in in Excel ?
                        I guess you are looking for the Ergodic indicator for use in NinjaTrader, am I right ?
                        Or are you referring to a certain ergodic bar type ?

Marco

Comment

Ergodic-Candlestick-Oscillator

Ciao Marco
                          you are a very kind person,
                          I was looking for something like this:... that I could manage in Excel.
                          Could you help me?

[url]http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/techind/custom/ergodic.htm[/url]

[url]http://forum.esignal.com/showthread.php?29298-Ergodic-Candlestick-Oscillator[/url]

waiting for your reply
                          Antonio

[QUOTE=marcow;331424]hello Antonio,

I think you didn't get any answers because it is a bit unclear what your request exactly is.

Can you explain this a bit more ? Code for use in in Excel ?
                          I guess you are looking for the Ergodic indicator for use in NinjaTrader, am I right ?
                          Or are you referring to a certain ergodic bar type ?

Marco[/QUOTE]

Comment

Antonio,

so you want to export the values of the Ergodic indicator to excel for further analysis using InvestorR/T, correct ?

I think the easiest way would be to modify the Ergodic indicator so that it sends its values (together with bar date/time) to the Ninjatrader Output Window and then save the output window to a text file. Then import this .txt file into Excel.

Which ergodic indicator are you using and what data do you want to export to excel (is it the ergodic Signal line ?)

this would be my guess.

Marco

Comment

ergodic indicator" and "ergodic Signal line

hello Marco
                              I don't know how to use correctly Ninjatrader Output Window so,, I don't know how to save the output window to a text file.
                              I just had a chance to see "ergodic indicator" and "ergodic Signal line" with candlestick.. that's the reason of my request.
                              I think I have to learn much more. Can you suggest me a web site in wich I may learn much more?
                              (I am so sorry and afraid you are wasting time with me,, anyway.. I am thanking you a lot)
                              you are a very kind person
                              Antonio

Comment

Antonio,
                                PM send

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes