Ergodic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

normal indicators

hi everyone just wanted to adress something ive been running into for some time now i noticed everyone is still looking for the holy grail indicator even guys ive traded with for years,there are so many addons and 3rd party indicators for sale or lease out there and trust me ive tried a bunch of them to many to be frank lol but ive came to the truth that the holy grail is me and you. if you will put hundreds of chart hrs in just looking at charts in real time and also historical data and think about what makes me see this chart so im comfortable in entering a trade and when do i feel like the trade is done then you will get so that trading is 2nd nature for you.just find a indicator or 2 that helps you see the market dont always try to see the market from someones elses eyes or mind because we all think differently.find what works for you clear your head relax and just feel the market and trade,well that all for today i hope that my post today will help even if it is just one person then i did my job...sam

Comment

reading posts without any punctuation makes my head spin ....

Comment

hmmmm

then dont continue to read...sam

Comment

hey sam..

Sam,

I've been following your comments and charts on Mike's blog. I'd like to ask some questions about your trading style.. I've appreciated your posts.

Do you trade ZN exclusively?
          Can you share what you look for to get into a trade?

TC

Comment

This is why Ninja desperately needs an off-topic section in the forum.

I am sure zoltran doesn't want all this blog talk taking up space on his thread, wanting to keep it relevant to Ergodic only.

I want to read your thoughts and discuss etc, but perhaps a different thread would be better.

I would suggest you use this thread for now, it is meant for this type of discussion:
            [url]http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15572[/url]

Mike

Comment

Oh I don't mind ;-)

Comment

Something I could not yet find.

I want to use the difference between the main and signal line.
                The rough idea is to e.g. exit when main and signal start moving towards each other.

Apparently something like the following does not work.
                if ((ECO2New2(1,2,3).Main[0]) - (ECO2New2(1,2,3).Signal[0])) < (ECO2New2(1,2,3).Main[1]) - (ECO2New2(1,2,3).Signal[1]))

Anybody an idea how to approach this?

[SIZE=1]Edit: corrected the type spotted by fast Velocity.[/SIZE]
                Last edited by WhoKnows; 06-03-2009, 07:20 AM.

Comment

WhoKnows??? (pun intended)

but, do you have a typo? one too many comas???

ECO2New2(1,2,,3) should be ECO2New2(1,2,3) ?

Comment

That was fast .. Velocity. Well spotted, but it isn't the comma. Made a mistake copying.

NT complains about:
                    ; expected
                    Statement expected
                    Invalid expression term '<'

Comment

WhoKnows,

I would simplify things first. If you only need the current bar value, then do something like

double diff = Math.Abs(ECO2New2(1, 2, 3).Main[0] - ECO2New2(1, 2, 3).Signal[0]);

then do your logic from there. Not sure if math.abs is what you need or not, depends if you always want a consistent positive number, or if you want a negative number sometimes. I would approach with math.abs and just determine long or short by whether above or below the signal line.

Mike

Comment

Thanks, two answers in one. I was looking how to define the absolute difference. Ok, I'll dumb the expressions down then.
                        As I need to diff of the past bar to, probably I have to go with a new dataserie for diff.

As I never dataseries stuff before a question.
                        - if you define a new diff dataseries and in the indicator code you loose your work is the indicator gets updated. If there any issue with introducing the diff dataseries and the logic in the strategy itself?

Comment

If you need past bar values:

#variables
                          private DataSeries diff;

#init

diff = new DataSeries(this);

#onbarupdate

diff.Set(Math.Abs(blah - blah));

Like so. You don't "lose" anything, I am not sure I know what you mean by this.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike,
                            I meant that with rapidly developing indicators, with every new version you have to port your own adaptation to that new version.

Comment

Gotcha.

Just put your DataSeries and diff in the Strategy, not the indicator, like you said.

If the indicator itself isn't going to plot these values (diff), then no need for it to be in there.

Mike

Comment

ECO2 question

What exactly does the ECO2 signify ? Like I know MACD is a MA of a MA and smoothed but what does the ECO2 track , price , MA's , price closing near its highs or lows ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post bltdavid  
                                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH