Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECO2new

Hi eDanny:
    I use your ECO2new in my charts and find it very useful, but often, not all the time, the ECO line does not change color from green to violet or vice versa as prices change from raising to falling or the other way around.

This odd behavior is corrected when pressing refresh (F5 key). I have other indicators on the same charts that plot correctly while that is happening..

I wonder if someone else is experiencing the same behavior or if you know a way to correct it.

Thank you for this indicator it is very good aid.

Javier

Comment

I can't take the credit for these indicators. I just spruced the ECO2 up a bit. I have the same ECO main line behavior but a look at the code shows it should work right.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Thanks for all your work Zoltran . . . I've really missed the Ergodic coming to Ninja from another charting program. Glad to now have it again.

Comment

Thankyou to all for the work on this indicator.
          I am wondering how this indicator works. I looked in the indicator editor and saw that it uses: open, close, high and low.
          Is this based on the regular trading hours or only so many candles before?
          If it was the first way which I believe it isn't I guess it would need session times to function correctly.
          Thanks once again
          Regards
          A

Comment

OHLC refers to the current bar.
            It doesn't use or know about the session start times.

In fact, the ECO indicator only knows about the current prior bar.. which is why it's not affected so much by gaps.

Mr Blaus book explains the background behind them

Comment

Thank you for your explanation Zoltran.
              I am wondering if you are able to help with a little problem I have.
              I have x2 machines that are running Ninja. There are times when the graph lines drawn by Eco are different on both machines. Both are running Zenfire, with the same version of Ninja and the same version of Eco. They are set up the same way and are running 1 min charts. I am using them on the ES and TF charts.
              Any help would be appreciated to explain why there are differences please.
              Regards

Comment

This will probably be the last enhancement I will make to the ECO2 indicator. Just made a quick change to allow switching between the standard histogram, one color above zeroline and another below, and a histogram with colored bars for rising or falling main line.
                Attached Files
                eDanny

Comment

eDanny
                  ECO2 does not plot anything, whereas Zoltran's does.
                  Any hint ?
                  many thx
                  Chris

Comment

[quote=bluejay;65583]eDanny
                    ECO2 does not plot anything, whereas Zoltran's does.
                    Any hint ?
                    many thx
                    Chris[/quote]

OK, I had exported with the new name ECO2new and posted that file. I just applied my ECO2new to a chart and it works. Thinking the export may be corrupt I deleted the indicator and imported fresh and it still plots. Either you are doing something wrong or something happened to the file during the upload to the forums. Try deleting the indicator and re-importing it.
                    eDanny

Comment

There have been requests for the histogram to change color in the Ergodic indicator if the Main line rises or falls. After getting a PM about it I made the change so it works like the ECO2 histogram now, user selectable. This will overwrite the last update since the indicator is still called ErgodicNew.
                      Attached Files
                      eDanny

Comment

[quote=eDanny;65611]OK, I had exported with the new name ECO2new and posted that file. I just applied my ECO2new to a chart and it works. Thinking the export may be corrupt I deleted the indicator and imported fresh and it still plots. Either you are doing something wrong or something happened to the file during the upload to the forums. Try deleting the indicator and re-importing it.[/quote]

Thanks eDanny. I found out that setting the parameter "show text" to false makes the indicator plot OK. Can't figure out the reason why, though.

many thx again
                        chris

Comment

[quote=bluejay;66964]Thanks eDanny. I found out that setting the parameter "show text" to false makes the indicator plot OK. Can't figure out the reason why, though.

many thx again
                          chris[/quote]

OK found the problem, I did not have the Arial font installed.
                          Fixed now
                          Chris

Comment

Hello zoltran and eDanny.

First, an absolute THANK YOU for the hard work on this indicator. If you read my blog, you already know it has become an integral part of my discretionary trading. I talk about it often and have high praise for it.

I have a couple of questions I've been unable to reliably answer for myself so far. I will upload a pic of one of the charts I used for today's blog post so you can see my ECO2 settings on my chart (you can ignore the rest).

edit: was too big for forum, arrggghh, so [URL="http://i43.tinypic.com/10n9wnn.png"]click here[/URL] for the picture

1) Sometimes the main line can be falling, yet still be green. What is the significance of this? Does it mean that the EMA is falling but the Close was higher than the previous bar?

2) Sometimes I swear the ECO2 repaints the last bar (for instance, it was purple but is now green, 1 bar later). I have yet to put my finger on this, if I am just noticing the intrabar updates (I do have calculateonbarclose = false) and not paying enough attention, or if it truly is repainting the last bar. Can you confirm if it repaints, or not?

Thank you.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike

I think I see the problem .... And I bet it does repaint.

As you may know, you have to use two plots to display a color change, one for each color. There's a problem in the logic that changes color ...
                              I remember doing this because I kept getting blank spots in the line when it changed direction.

I think that Values[3][COLOR="Red"][1] [/COLOR]= eco[1]; line will repaint the bar...

My bad

I'm heading out for a short vacation .. Don't think I'll be able to fix this until later next week

[CODE]
                              if (eco[0]>eco[1]) // Plot green bars for rising eco, red for falling
                              {
                              if (eco[1]<eco[2]) Values[3][1] = eco[1]; // connect prior secgment Paint falling eco if (CurrentBar > Slow+Fast+SignalLen)
                              Values[3].Set(eco[0]); // Paint Rising ECO2 Line
                              }
                              else
                              {
                              if (eco[1]> eco[2]) Values[4][1]= eco[1]; // connect prior secgment Paint rising eco
                              Values[4].Set(eco[0]); // Paint falling eco
                              }[/CODE]

Comment

Mike .. I'm not sure I can fix this...
                                It's the same technique that's used by the 'samplemulticolorplot' example.

But .. you can change the 'histogram-type' variable to true and I think the bar color will acurately reflect the direction.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                                Started by olisav57, Yesterday, 07:39 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Jquiroz1975  
                                Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM