Ergodic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi zoltran,

Thank you for the quick attention and response. I will try setting to true and see what that does, I've only tried false up to now.

I hope you enjoy your vacation!!

Mike

Comment

Mike, I'm glad you like the indicator but Zoltran is the guy to thank for it. As far as the line color glitch it is something I have seen in oscillators where you stitch two color plots together to get a color change on direction change. It doesn't always work and I don't know why. You will just have to watch the line more closely I guess, unless someone else comes up with a cure.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Danny is right about the line stitching, this is why.

When you switch colors on a line, it has to connect two line plots.

So, if it changes colors 2 times on 3 consecutive bars, the color will be the same through all 3 bars because it is overwritten by the "connecting line."

If you change the plot style to dots or something else, this shouldn't happen.

NT knows about this limitation (I posted info about it [URL="http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8728&highlight=plot+color"]here[/URL]), even though its a little different coding method.

hope this is informative
        mrlogik
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Hi eDanny,

Prof Logic Charts.

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mr Logik for the info on color plots .. I thought I was going mad..
            And to eDanny for some great improvements to the eco.

Since the standard two color NT process will end up repainting ... I took it out.

Now, the ECO line will show 'Yellow' any time it turns... and it won't repaint it.

I took eDanny's version and added this change to it.

I also broke out the "Parameters" from the 'Display Parameters'... and this can be seen in the picture below.

This has two important things to remember ...

1) Now .. the parms that affect calculation, and strategies are simple to specify .. fast, slow, and signal ... thats it.

2) Since this parm changes the way it's called in a Strategy, I saved it as ECO2New2...

Enjoy ..
            Attached Files

Comment

[quote=zoltran;94260]Thanks Mr Logik for the info on color plots .. I thought I was going mad..
              And to eDanny for some great improvements to the eco.

Since the standard two color NT process will end up repainting ... I took it out.

Now, the ECO line will show 'Yellow' any time it turns... and it won't repaint it.

I took eDanny's version and added this change to it.

I also broke out the "Parameters" from the 'Display Parameters'... and this can be seen in the picture below.

This has two important things to remember ...

1) Now .. the parms that affect calculation, and strategies are simple to specify .. fast, slow, and signal ... thats it.

2) Since this parm changes the way it's called in a Strategy, I saved it as ECO2New2...

Enjoy ..[/quote]

zoltran,

Awesome thank you. I will incorporate this into my templates, and then later into my indicators and strategies after I see how the changes impact them. But the biggest thing I wanted was the visualization aspect of the re-paint to be "known" or as you've done -- "corrected" -- even better!

Also I like your VMABands, I discovered something similar and released it as VMA Zones, yours is much more advanced and looks nice :)

Mike

Comment

Hi,

Prof Logic Chart - May 13 - Emini TF 343 Vol Chart.

Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Prof Logic Chart - May 13 - Emini TF 49 Vol and 2401 Vol Chart.

Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

simjs,

What is the relevance of your posts? Sorry, but I am missing it and want to understand what you are posting.

Mike

Comment

Hi,

Actually I had tried the Ergodic indicator (latest version) and find it different than the prof logic ergodic indicator. So I am looking for some help to change the ergodic indicator to match with prof logic ergodic indicator.

The charts I post are the prof logic chart with ergodic indicator.

Thanks.

Comment

You would then need to look for the TSI (True Strength Index) as the basis of it...
                        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

[quote=ctrlbrk;94294]zoltran,

Awesome thank you. I will incorporate this into my templates, and then later into my indicators and strategies after I see how the changes impact them. But the biggest thing I wanted was the visualization aspect of the re-paint to be "known" or as you've done -- "corrected" -- even better!

Also I like your VMABands, I discovered something similar and released it as VMA Zones, yours is much more advanced and looks nice :)

Mike[/quote]

Hi All,

I just noticed that the ECO2New Indicator has an additional bar of lag over the previous ECO2 Indicator. This is on a 4 tick Range chart.

RJay
                          RJay
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

help with colors

could some one help me to paint my frama_4 up green down red sideways yellow its one of my main indicators and colors would make it much simpler to read here are the settings 2-3-15-7-close-34
                            frama-k band is yellow and the other 2 bands are netural if someone colud figure this out for me i would appericiate it thanks sam
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi sharky2372, the technique needed is discussed in the reference sample here - [URL]http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3227[/URL]
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

help with colors

here is a better pic of what i mean i would like up one color and down one color and sideways one color like the double ma you guys have posted... sam
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rdtdale
                                by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post RookieTrader  
                                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PaulMohn  
                                Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post love2code2trade  
                                Working...
                                X