X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr data

ZN 12-17

Trade dates: 10/3 - 10/4/17

No L2 data. I can see trades but no bids/offers.

Please advise.

Is it possible to circumvent this recurring problem by selecting 'record for market replay'?

Hello nepenthean,

Thank you for your post.

Could you point out the specific point in time you are unable to see L2 data so we may investigate further? I tested the ZN 12-17 level II data on my end and am not seeing the data stop. To troubleshoot, can you also try redownloading the days and let us know if you see the same?

When "Record for market replay" is enabled and Ninjatrader is open, data is recorded for any instrument in any NinjaTrader window that is receiving live market data. Level II data is only recorded if a Level II, SuperDOM, or FX Pro window is open and receiving Level II data for the instrument.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For 10/3, I am unable to see any bids/offers for any time during RTH where trades occur. Attached is an image of trades going off below insi******et. This is frequent enough that it is an issue. Please advise.

ZN 12-17

I just downloaded the data again for the above date and it showed Level 1 and Level 2 data being downloaded, but it was way too short of a download for me to think I had all the data.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by nepenthean; 10-05-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

I was able to reproduce this issue on NinjaTrader 7, however, I was not able to reproduce this on NinjaTrader 8. I would advise you if this is a reoccurring issue to switch to Ninjatrader 8. I've included a link below to assist you through the transition if you are interested:

I have made our IT department aware of this issue and they will look further into it.

If you have any further NinjaTrader inquiries we may assist with, don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Do I need a license to engage market replay with NT8? I have paid for a year's lease for NT7. If I need a license for NT8 MR, can I transfer the remaining time on the NT7 license to NT8?

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Yes, the license key can be used for both NinjaTrader 8 and NinjaTrader 7. Each are installed as separate programs, so you can leave NinjaTrader 7 installed if desired. Keep in mind that as was the case with NinjaTrader 7, you can only use an account connection or live license key on one instance of NinjaTrader at a time.

You may download NinjaTrader 8 from the link below using your license key.

I've also provided below the Ninjatrader 8 FAQ guide:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

So I can trade live in NT8 with the same license key I use for NT7, just not at the same time?

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

Thank you for your reply.

That is correct, the license is transferable between platforms, but only one instance of the license can be used at a given time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes