How to quickly change number of days on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to quickly change number of days on chart

I'd like to be able to quickly change the number of days showing on a chart. Some would call this a zoom, but I don't want to zoom in on a section of the chart, I just want to go from, let's say, 50 to 150 days quickly, and then maybe back to 100 days, then back to 50, etc...

Some charting programs let you do this with the middle mouse wheel, some with the + and - keys, some with pageup and page down, some have a slider bar, there are many ways of accomplishing this, but I haven't found Ninjatrader's way yet.

Can I do this without going into another screen and typing in the numbers?

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

There would not be a method available to quickly change the Days to Load setting without using the Data Series menu, but I'm happy to submit a Feature Request to the Development Team to consider adding such an option in a future release of the platform.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It would be nice if you could submit a feature request. But I'm using NinjaTrader 7 since I use WinXP. Can you submit the feature request for this version?

I've used many charting software programs, Tradestation, TWS, Think or Swim, Quotetracker, Medved Trader, Telechart, etc...and there's always a quick way to change the number of days in the chart. The ZOOM function is a very imperfect way to accomplish this, it's too easy to set the zoom incorrectly. I hope your programmers will look into this, and I'd be happy to give examples of the different ways other software implement this function.

John

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post elderan
      by elderan

Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM