Forex OBV flat lining, but not in strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex OBV flat lining, but not in strategy

Hi, when I test a strategy using a forex pair the OBV shows up beautifully as expected.

When I then try to run that strategy with live data, the OBV shows up as expected, but as soon as a new tick or bar closes all the historic data flat lines and the new data displays on a huge exaggerated scale.

This doesn't happen with other charting software and as mentioned it doesn't happen when testing a strategy using the same data feed.

So basically I have a strategy that works but can't apply it because the indicator that worked in the strategy wont display in real time.

Any suggestions?

Hello Jimmyk,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • If you are connected to FXCM, please go to the Control Center -> Connections -> Configure -> select your FXCM connection -> and please advise if the 'NinjaTrader historical data server' is enabled or not.
    • What instrument(s) have you selected?
    • What period type is selected for your chart(s)? (Example: Tick, Minute, Day, etc.)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Thanks,

Version is 8.0.9.0 64-bit (Multi-Broker)

My data provider is Esignal, when I switch to FXCM I don't get the problem, but I find that data to be a little less accurate. I have market data set to retrieve real time and historical from Esignal.

I'm testing EUR/JPY on a 15 minute timeframe, however the problem occurs on any timeframe.

No errors on screen or in the log.

The important point here is that the data is being retrieved correctly and displayed, both in the strategy analyser and in real time, it's only when a new bar closes the problem occurs.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello Jimmyk,

Thank you for your response.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello Jimmyk,

We did not receive your log and trace files. Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments in your email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Jon17
          by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
          0 responses