Custom Drawing Tool "MeasuredMove" and Drawing Toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Drawing Tool "MeasuredMove" and Drawing Toolbar

I have attached an example of a custom drawing tool I made by using the NT fib retracement. I am using it as a measured move by setting the default levels the way I want them. This is allowing me to have a default template for a regular fib retracement and one default template for a measured move instead of selecting and applying the template I wanted. I assigned a hot key of ctrl+m for the custom tool allowing me to quickly select it. I also added to my drawing toolbar. I attached an image of how it looks in the drawing toolbar along with how it looks in the drawing menu. I also attached the drawing tool code. This seems like an easy way to quickly choose between various types of lines/fibs etc without have to sluggishly apply the various colors, line widths, thicknesses and templates you want using many clicks. I hope this is helpful. I will also attach the code for the drawing toolbar and instructions for it in another post in this thread. I have received a lot of help from others on this forum to get this done. I know it isn't perfect but I hope it will help others. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Drawing Toolbar Code

Here is the drawing toolbar code. Please realize this is using SendKeys with the assigned NT hotkeys so it isn't perfect. The user will have to match up the hotkeys in the code to the hotkeys set in NT for each drawing object. I also have buttons that go to a zoomed in candle chart or a zoomed out bar chart. I use this myself and left it in just so others could have it for a reference. Just realize if you click the candle button it will zoom in and change your chart to the candle settings I have in the code and if you click the bars button it will change your chart to the bar settings I have in the code. Don't let that freak you out.

I have the toolbar buttons using images hosted in a folder titled "ToolbarImages" within the NinjaTrader 8 folder where it is installed. Please realize this is not the mydocuments NT8 folder. Here is an example of the code and any user will have to create a new folder titled ToolbarImages within the NT8 install directory in order for the buttons to show up. All of the attached images will need to be in that ToolbarImages folder.

Code:
    ImageBrush brush = new ImageBrush(new BitmapImage(new Uri(NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.InstallDir+@"\ToolbarImages\line5.jpg")));

I will be attaching the required .jpg files within this thread but it will take a few posts.

The image for the line, ray, fibretracement and measured move are attached here along with the toolbar code itself. More to come......
    Attached Files

Comment

More images for toolbar buttons

Here are the fibextension, ruler, text, delete and delete all button images. A few more to go....
      Attached Files

Comment

More images

Here are the copy, paste, pointer, crosshair and trade markers button images. Still more to come.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Still more images.

Here are the bars, candles, zoom in, zoom out button images. Just two more to go.
          Attached Files

Comment

Last Toolbar Button Images

Here are the last two for thinner bars and wider bars.
            Attached Files

Comment

What the candles and bars buttons do

The attached image shows what happens when you press the candles or bars buttons on the drawing toolbar.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello jhowinvest,

Thank you for providing this excellent resource to our forum users. I am sure this will be very helpful for many people.

Please also feel free to add it to the NinjaTrader 8 Misc downloads section here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=9

Please have a great rest of your weekend!
                Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by dappa, Today, 09:18 AM
                0 responses