ADD Line for NT 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADD Line for NT 8

Hi there, could you please let me know how I can get this ADD line for NT 8 for use with ES or NQ. Thanks.

I've moved your post to its own thread in the NinjaTrader 8 forums.

^ADD is a default instrument in NinjaTrader 8.

What are you trying to do with this instrument? Create a chart? View in a Market Analyzer? What does 'for use with ES or NQ' mean? If you provide further detail I can give you specific instructions.

Comment

I'd like to create a chart, Patrick. Specifically, I'd like to see how it moves with the futures instruments ES and NQ.

My data feed is the NT Brokerage default data provider - Continuum.

How can I go about adding it on a chart along with ES and NQ?

Comment

Right-click on your chart > Data Series > At the top left of the Data Series window, click on the magnifying glass next to the 'Instrument' drop down list > Type in 'ADD' > Double click on the ADD index > OK.

Here is a link with more information on working with multiple data series:

Comment

I did as you suggested. I see the ^ADD instrument, but when I click OK on the Data Series box, nothing loads.

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

8.0.13.1 64-bit (Standard)

I'm connected to the default Ninja Trader futures connection - Continuum.

No errors on screen or in the log tab.

Comment

I see you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. Please upgrade to the latest version:
                • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                • Enter your license key and press Submit
                • Select 'NinjaTrader 8' if you are on NinjaTrader 8
                • Select 'Download'
                • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

NinjaTrader Continuum is a CQG-based connection. ^ADD is not available through any CQG-based connections. Here is a link with more information about what indices are available with a CQG-based connection:

So, your options are to connect a futures data provider which supplies ^ADD (like Kinetick), or to simulate ^ADD using a 'spread' indicator.

The ^ADD can be simulated by plotting the difference between the ^ADV and ^DECL. Here is a link to one such indicator available from our forums:

Comment

This Spread Candlestick is what I was looking for. Thank you for sharing it with me.

In the indicator settings under Parmeters, there's an option to specify "Symbol2". What should I insert in this field?

The indicator won't display anything without this field being specified.

Thanks.

Comment

If you applied the indicator to the ^ADV symbol, then ^DECL would be symbol2.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-28-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I believe you mean first loading the ^ADV instrument, then using the spread indicator and specifying ^DECL as symbol 2 to get ^ADD in essence.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by The_Sec, 04-16-2024, 02:29 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS