Bug tensile graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug tensile graphics

if you change the chart size, the graph bars appear and disappear. to change the program code to the minimum size of the bar on the chart was 1 pixel and nothing was lost and has not changed. (his bar below the graph)

see the picture on the link or attached to the message

https://postimg.org/image/wpt0pnt99/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KeenEdge; 02-14-2017, 07:22 AM.

Hello KeenEdge,

Thank you for your post,

There's not a feature of NinjaTrader that modifies the viewable amount of pixels, however, I will forward a feature request on your behalf to our development team for future feature consideration.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello KeenEdge,

Thank you for your post,

There's not a feature of NinjaTrader that modifies the viewable amount of pixels, however, I will forward a feature request on your behalf to our development team for future feature consideration.

Let us know if we may assist further.
      give me a piece of code that draws these bars, I will correct it. We need to rewrite the 2-3 lines of code. I am ready to help programmers.

change its function:
      DrawLine(
      Pen pen,
      int x1,
      int y1,
      int x2,
      int y2
      )

on just such a function:
      DrawLine(
      Pen pen,
      int x1,
      (value > 0 && (int)y1 == (int)y2) ? (int)y1 - 1 : (int)y1,
      int x2,
      (value < 0 && (int)y1 == (int)y2) ? (int)y2 + 1 : (int)y2
      )

pass it to programmers
      Last edited by KeenEdge; 02-14-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hello KeenEdge,

Thanks for writing back.

So we may assist you further, could you clarify a few things this matter for me?

I see the bars disappearing in your graphic, but I do not know what you are doing to "change the chart size." The behavior when manipulating the edge of a chart is to reduce the margin to show less bars.

Do you also witness this when using a blank chart without any template or indicators added?

If you still witness this issue, could you walk me through reproducing this behavior?

I look forward to your reply.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
          Hello KeenEdge,

Thanks for writing back.

So we may assist you further, could you clarify a few things this matter for me?

I see the bars disappearing in your graphic, but I do not know what you are doing to "change the chart size." The behavior when manipulating the edge of a chart is to reduce the margin to show less bars.

Do you also witness this when using a blank chart without any template or indicators added?

If you still witness this issue, could you walk me through reproducing this behavior?

this problem for all graphs. just add to the schedule any indicator that draws bars and change the size of the indicator below the chart.

Example video archive.

change its function:

DrawLine(
          Pen pen,
          int x1,
          int y1,
          int x2,
          int y2
          )

on just such a function:
          DrawLine(
          Pen pen,
          int x1,
          (value > 0 && (int)y1 == (int)y2) ? (int)y1 - 1 : (int)y1,
          int x2,
          (value < 0 && (int)y1 == (int)y2) ? (int)y2 + 1 : (int)y2
          )
          Attached Files
          Last edited by KeenEdge; 02-14-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hello KeenEdge,

I have attempted to reproduce this charting issue on my end using AUDUSD 1 minute chart with the BuySellVolume indicator.

I am witnessing the expected behavior where the resizing of the bars reduces the size of the bar to its approximated scale.

I understand that the solution you provide is tell drawing objects to draw with 1 pixel when the value is less than 0. If there is a more internal issue, I would imagine the development team would want to provide a solution that does not require all add-on developers to use those Question Colon statements in each DrawLine.

This kind of implementation would come in the form of a feature request. As NinjaTrader 7 is in a feature-freeze, could you confirm this behavior exists in NinjaTrader 8? If the issue is prevalent in NinjaTrader 8, we can submit instructions to reproduce this issue to development team for improvement.

Comment

Hello KeenEdge,

I have attempted to reproduce this charting issue on my end using AUDUSD 1 minute chart with the BuySellVolume indicator.

I am witnessing the expected behavior where the resizing of the bars reduces the size of the bar to its approximated scale.

I understand that the solution you provide is tell drawing objects to draw with 1 pixel when the value is less than 0. If there is a more internal issue, I would imagine the development team would want to provide a solution that does not require all add-on developers to use those Question Colon statements in each DrawLine.

This kind of implementation would come in the form of a feature request. As NinjaTrader 7 is in a feature-freeze, could you confirm this behavior exists in NinjaTrader 8? If the issue is prevalent in NinjaTrader 8, we can submit instructions to reproduce this issue to development team for improvement.

an example of the colon - it is just an example. you decide that's your problem. But if you need help, I'll help. There is a problem in versions 7 and 8.

see:

Comment

Hello KeenEdge,

Thank you for your suggestion for the improvement of NinjaTrader. I have submitted it into our tracking system with the unique ID # SFT-1933.

Comment

Hello KeenEdge,

Thank you for your suggestion for the improvement of NinjaTrader. I have submitted it into our tracking system with the unique ID # SFT-1933.
                  where check the status of the problem through time in the future, and to know about her decision?

Comment

Hello KeenEdge,

Thanks for writing back.

I cannot personally speak for the development team's priorities, but I can let you know on the status of this issue in the future if you ask me at a later time. (Please include the tracking number so I can look up the ticket.) You can also observe the Release Notes and use the tracking number to see if the feature was added. I'll link it below for convenience. NinjaTrader 8 will also alert you when a new version has been released.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

The problem is not solved, it took almost 2 years and you could not fix it. Shame.

Comment

Hello KeenEdge,

We had opened a feature request to track your interest in this change. As we have only received one vote for this item, other items have taken priority for implementing.

We collect interest in feature requests before determining if the feature should be implemented. For that reason we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

If this is a bug, what difference does it make how many people have found this problem?

Comment

Hello KeenEdge,

Thank you for your response.

Our development team is aware of this behavior.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Perr0Grande  
                            Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post elderan