Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to specific date on chart

Hello,

Is there a way to tell NT to go to a specific date on a given chart rather than have to scroll back days and days (or change the end Date in data series).

thanks
    Michelle

Hello Michelle,

Unfortunately this is not supported. I will forward a suggestion to support such functionality to development.

This is possible when using the Market Replay connection. You would right click in the Market Replay control window and select 'Go To' and then select the time and date you like.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-235.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hopefully soon?

I've just been searching for this function, as well as to be able to have 2 or more charts scroll forward at the same time (ie. on the same data series but on different time frames - 5, 15 min etc.)

It seems that the "go to date" feature has been raised continually over the years as there have been multiple requests. Each time it is assigned a code for a possible future enhancement and yet after all this time nothing has been done. I'm sure that there are a lot of other people out there that would like this function, but have not been bothered to ask for it.

Is there any way of having this expedited? The ability to just type a date in and have the chart go straight there would be a very useful function, and surely one of the more easy one's to implement.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi gordian,

I will let the development team know of your desire of having this expedited, but I cannot guarantee it will be chosen to implement at this point in time.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Go to specific time and date

Wondering how far advanced implementation of this ability is - I cannot believe that it is not available - NT needs to look at the functionality of some other platforms. I use NT because I ownNoft - otherwise I would have to be looking elsewhere.

Comment

Hello andy.grope,

SFT-235 is now being tracked under SFT-468. This is an item we are still tracking interest in but have not implemented in current builds of NinjaTrader 8.

Feature request interest is aggregated before it is determined if the feature should be implemented, so we can't offer an ETA. I have added a vote on your behalf so your interest is tracked, as well. Upon implementation the ticket ID can be found publicly on the Release Notes page of the help guide. I'll provide a link below.

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if you have any questions.
              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Go to specific time and date

Thanks Jim - appreciate the response and look forward to implementation.

Comment

Go to certain date and time in the chart features has been added since day 1. Just right click on the horisontal scroll bar on the chart and you see the menu has a goto selection; select it and you see a pop up window where you can to to the specific date and time of that chart click ok and you are there

Comment

Please add my vote for this. It would be super handy.

Comment

This feature has been implemented since 8.0.17.0 which was released approximately one year ago from the date of this comment. You'll find it in the release notes as "Feature # 13367". Here are links with more information:

Comment

I thought this was a post for doing it programmatically.

Comment

No, this post is about a manual way to go to a specific date on a chart. If you're curious about how to accomplish this via NinjaScript, please post a new topic on the NinjaScript sub-forum.

Comment

Screen real-estate is always at an absolute premium. Programmers that do not trade may not realise this, so to have a scroll bar at the bottom of my chart is a waste of space. Would it be too much to ask to have Go To added to the right click menu?

Comment

BigRol00,

Thanks for posting.

While it's not possible to remove the scroll bar, the feature to "Go To" a specific time has been implemented as of release 17. Creating a custom add-on to hide the scroll bar would likely get into undocumented territory in custom programming, so it would not be supported.
                              Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                              115 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post kevinenergy  
                              Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes