Initiating ATM Strategies in a NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initiating ATM Strategies in a NinjaScript

I'm wondering about the interaction between a named ATM Strategy (Call it "ATM1") and the DOM when it is invoked in a NinjaScript strategy. In order for it to work does the DOM have to have the same ATM strategy displayed (on the proper instrument of course) or does it work anyway, but if not tracking it in the DOM you can't see it? If it does have to be on the DOM to work, do the properties setting have to be set in a particular way?
    daven

No, the DOM is independant. The ATM strategy is its own entity that can be viewed through a SuperDOM window, Chart Trader or any other order entry window.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATM Strategies and NinjaScript

When an ATM strategy is launched from an NT Script, is all control passed to the ATM and retained as long as there is a position open? I have some checks that I use to reverse a position if the market suddenly reverses but they don't appear to be working in the strategy. That's certainly okay but I will have to rework my approach knowing that all control resides in the ATM while the position is open.
      By the way. Thank you and your team for all your help. I never dreamed I good actually get this working but I now have a strategy running, launching an ATM, and taking control back when the ATM closes. It is really really cool, and C# isn't quite as intimidating as it was two weeks ago.
      Thank you most sincerely for all the help you provide.
      daven

Comment

Hi daven,

Glad to hear you are conquering the C# beast. You can close ATM strategies through NinjaScript if you deem it necessary too. You can do so through the use of AtmStrategyClose().
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

C#

Originally posted by daven View Post
          When an ATM strategy is launched from an NT Script, is all control passed to the ATM and retained as long as there is a position open? I have some checks that I use to reverse a position if the market suddenly reverses but they don't appear to be working in the strategy. That's certainly okay but I will have to rework my approach knowing that all control resides in the ATM while the position is open.
          By the way. Thank you and your team for all your help. I never dreamed I good actually get this working but I now have a strategy running, launching an ATM, and taking control back when the ATM closes. It is really really cool, and C# isn't quite as intimidating as it was two weeks ago.
          Thank you most sincerely for all the help you provide.
          daven
          daven,

What are the sources you are using to learn C#? I am a little overwhelmed.

Regards,

jstockman

Comment

Sources for Learning C#

Originally posted by jstockman;

What are the sources you are using to learn C#? I am a little overwhelmed.

Regards,

jstockman

I bought a couple of books, "Build a Program Now" Microsoft Visual C#2005 Express Edition by Patrice Pelland, and "Microsoft Visual C# 2005 in 24 hours" by James Foxal. The second book is a SAMS book. You can download a free copy of C#2005 Express Edition from the downloads page at microsoft. There is also a very extensive tutorial on Visual#2005 on the Microsoft website, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/Aa700773.aspx. Go through the learning videos at the link above. You may not need the books at all, though I personally like to read something on paper, and both books take you through a process of developing software that actually does something.

The one thing to keep in mind, be absolutely scrupulous about making sure you have the proper things in () and in {}. If you keep good track of those elements you will prevent most of the problems with programming. Its kind of simplistic, and frankly the error messages one gets from the compiler are not terribly helpful, but I found that if I looked real closely at the line the error message first referenced, I generally found I was missing a ( or), or a { or }, or I misspelled a variable. I also went through the NT tutorials multiple times, and of course, asked a lot of dumb questions in the forum. The guys at NT are incredibly helpful, as long as you don't ask them to write your code for you, or tell you what is wrong with a long piece of code. They just don't have that kind of time and we want them working on enhancements anyway.
            Hope it helps.
            daven
            Last edited by daven; 09-24-2007, 09:22 AM. Reason: Left out quote

Comment

Homework

Originally posted by daven View Post
              I bought a couple of books, "Build a Program Now" Microsoft Visual C#2005 Express Edition by Patrice Pelland, and "Microsoft Visual C# 2005 in 24 hours" by James Foxal. The second book is a SAMS book. You can download a free copy of C#2005 Express Edition from the downloads page at microsoft. There is also a very extensive tutorial on Visual#2005 on the Microsoft website, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/Aa700773.aspx. Go through the learning videos at the link above. You may not need the books at all, though I personally like to read something on paper, and both books take you through a process of developing software that actually does something.

The one thing to keep in mind, be absolutely scrupulous about making sure you have the proper things in () and in {}. If you keep good track of those elements you will prevent most of the problems with programming. Its kind of simplistic, and frankly the error messages one gets from the compiler are not terribly helpful, but I found that if I looked real closely at the line the error message first referenced, I generally found I was missing a ( or), or a { or }, or I misspelled a variable. I also went through the NT tutorials multiple times, and of course, asked a lot of dumb questions in the forum. The guys at NT are incredibly helpful, as long as you don't ask them to write your code for you, or tell you what is wrong with a long piece of code. They just don't have that kind of time and we want them working on enhancements anyway.
              Hope it helps.
              daven
              daven,

Thanks for your input. I have my homework cut out for me.

jstockman

Comment

Hello Daven can you please sent me sample of your program that will launch ATM strategy in script? Share it please. [email protected]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post techgetgame  
                Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post sephichapdson