Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Indicator

Can the wizard be used to create indicators? If so, how....video? explanation?
    Maybe what i'm looking for already...I wanted to have a bollanger type indicator but using xma as the basis with the bands adjustable by ticks.

thanks
    Ashish

The wizard can be used to create the initial template for a custom indicator. The actual indicator calculations must be manually programmed.

There are 6 excellent indicator development tutorials located in our Help Guide. Its a great place to start. They are under the NinjaScript section.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

custom bar

I need help in coding for a 3 bar reversal pattern. I have gone thru the videos but I guess I am not getting it. Here is what I am looking for. Picture 3 bars numbered 1,2,3, from left to right. A bullish reversal would have H3>H2 and L3=or >L2. H2<H1 and L2<L1. What I want is when the 4th bar opens and breaks above H3 by 1 tick, a circle or symbol to appear to indicate completion of the pattern. Reverse logic for a bearish 3 bar reversal. If anyone knows how to do this with ninja script I would be grateful for their assistance. Thanks.

Comment

Hi einstein,

This is all doable. To access values of the highs you can use High[0]. The way you determine the index number that goes inside the bracket is from right to left starting at 0 representing the most recent bar. 1 being the previous bar. etc.

Code:
        if (High[1] > High[2] && Low[1] >= Low[2] && High[2] < High[3] && Low[2] < Low[3] && Open[0] > High[1] + TickSize)
             DrawDot("Bullish Reversal" + CurrentBar, 0, High[0], Color.Red);
        This is what I interpreted your code to mean. You may need to tweak it a bit, but its a starting point for you.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I will review what you have sent and give it a try.

Comment

Josh, I will try to code for a bearish reversal and post it. In the meantime, how do I import the bullish code into NINJA? Do I have to convert it to a zip file and use the Ninja import function? If so how does one convert it to a zip file? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Comment

Please review this whole section of the help file. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview18
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes