Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

To Import Metastock format data automatically from locally stored place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Import Metastock format data automatically from locally stored place

HI Everyone,

I am newbie in Ninjatrader forums and noob as a user of Ninjatrader.

Is there any plugin or script which can import my locally downloaded Metastock format EOD data in to Ninjatrader 7/8 automatically on daily basis?

Importing Metastock data into ninjatrader is too laggy, i get errors and no data imported.
    also it will always need to import manually which is real pain.

any solutions for this? Please share if someone has something or Ninjatrader has solution for this already?

thanks in advance

Hello abhishek72457,

Unfortunately I am not aware of such a script or plugin. Perhaps other users are aware of such an add-on.

We do have the Kinetick EOD connection present by default in both NinjaTrader 7 and 8 which provides historical daily data.

What errors do you experience when you import historical data manually?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for Prompt reply.

At first It asks for Master file which it can't read from my metastock database. I have to drag and drop it to Ninjatrader.

Now after that its taking so much of time, it has almost 20 minutes passed since i have tried importing daily eod data. And software has freezed from then till now.

also it will show error like can't import check logs kind of error.

Please develop some addon as a local database import or Local connection with database format(ie Metastock, Esignal etc.) . which NT should fetch data from when we connect that particular connection in NT.
      Attached Files

Comment

We do support data feed providers which you can connect to in NinjaTrader to load historical data automatically. eSignal is such a supported data feed provider. You can connect to it in NinjaTrader and it will automatically load historical data when you create a chart. Besides eSignal we also support Kinetick, IQFeed and BarChart as data feed providers.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I know NT supports Esignal. But I have subscription of a Vendor which provides data in Metastock format which stores in my system somewhere, Like that i asked for some connection or script which can be added into ninjatrader which can import that locally downloaded data from some other data vendor in metastock or esignal or any other format data into Ninjatrader. It would be so helpful for us. Because Kinetick and other sources doesn't support data what i need.
          So i have to subscribe it from some different vendor.

Also i checked with some official data vendors for NT in India GFDL provides it. but It doesn't provide only EOD data(from Inception). It provides Realtime(with only a few months backfill) which i don't need. That's what problem i have. and stopping me using NT.

Comment

In my metastock folder there are about over1600 symbols which takes more than 50 minutes to import. In reality i hardly work with about 300 max symbols for seeing, scanning purpose.

Is there any way to import only selective metastock files, and not the entire database from local machine, should i create new ticket , under which category. Pardon me, if my first post is at wrong place.

Comment

Hello analyst,

I am not aware of a way to import a selective amount of instruments. Is it perhaps possible to transfer the symbols you do not need temporarily outside the MetaStock folder, perform the import and then once finished, transfer back the symbols?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Hello analyst,

I am not aware of a way to import a selective amount of instruments. Is it perhaps possible to transfer the symbols you do not need temporarily outside the MetaStock folder, perform the import and then once finished, transfer back the symbols?
                Thanks for your prompt attention.

Since NT7 imports the EMASTER or MASTER file of metastock, by default it automatically selects all symbols inside it, and I have no clue, how to select or make separate database for only select few.

But this could be good alternative, will check.

adding comments

I tried, but it is more laborious and not so easy to export selective set of symbols .

so, rather, if NT7 could do the needful, could be highly appreciated.

Besides, NT7 64 bit does not allow import of Metastock data, and one has to switch back to 32bit, lots of complications.

Few more learning, Symbol inside NT7 can not have numeric (0 to 9) and special character (like '&'), it is really awkward, not so user friendly
                Last edited by analyst; 11-30-2017, 04:28 AM. Reason: additional info with update

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                6 responses
                2 likes
                Last Post ultls
                by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes