Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New installation - Ninjascript programming errors

Hello,
    I already have a full working ninja trader installed in my PC for my standard user account.
    Since I decided to have ninja trader available also for the Administrator Account, I had to log in as the Admin in my windows 7.
    The installion went well and I have restored a previous backup of NT8.
    At the end the of the restoring process, I've got this error:

You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScriptArchive File.

But I didin't have the time to import any indicator
    I don't know what to do.

Thank you.
    Last edited by swartz; 01-16-2018, 11:29 AM.

I suspect that there are references in your config file from the backup which are different than the current location of the references within your new Windows user profile.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
    • Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please include a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Windows Snipping Tool:

Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      I suspect that there are references in your config file from the backup which are different than the current location of the references within your new Windows user profile.
      • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
      every single ninjacript gave me some errors, so to speed up the process I preferred to restore my previous windows backup and install again NT8.
      Then instead of restoring NT8 backup, I did it manually.
      I don't feel much confortable with the ninjascript editor
      It's easier and faster to copy some folders and import some ninajscripts, to me
      Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      1 response
      0 likes