Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart displays previous bar's close price marker - Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart displays previous bar's close price marker - Why?

Hi all.

Using NinjaTrader7, 4-range bar chart.

In the parameters for the instrument, I've set up "Price Marker = True" and "Price marker color = LightSkyBlue". This works fine.

However, it also displays, in red, a price marker at the level of the close of the previous bar. This is very annoying.

Is there any way to get rid of this marker?

Thanks.

Originally posted by M_ichel View Post
    Hi all.

Using NinjaTrader7, 4-range bar chart.

In the parameters for the instrument, I've set up "Price Marker = True" and "Price marker color = LightSkyBlue". This works fine.

However, it also displays, in red, a price marker at the level of the close of the previous bar. This is very annoying.

Is there any way to get rid of this marker?

Thanks.
    Can you include a screenshot of your chart with this behavior?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Hi Patrick. Thanks for the response.

Please see the attached screen shot. The blue marker is what I selected for the instrument. The red marker is the one I'd like to get rid of.

Could it be that this red marker is caused by one of the indicators I have on the chart (indicators are from Viper Trading, one of your partners). I have gone through all their indicators but couldn't find any that would paint that marker...

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M_ichel View Post
        Hi Patrick. Thanks for the response.

Please see the attached screen shot. The blue marker is what I selected for the instrument. The red marker is the one I'd like to get rid of.

Could it be that this red marker is caused by one of the indicators I have on the chart (indicators are from Viper Trading, one of your partners). I have gone through all their indicators but couldn't find any that would paint that marker...

Thanks.
        Yes, I suspect that this in an indicator's marker. I would suggest, as a test, opening a new chart with no template. From there, start adding indicators one at a time to see if/when the behavior returns.

Comment

Ah! Good idea. I'll try that later today and I'll let you know. Thanks!

Comment

Hi.

It's weird: I just created a new chart (in a new workspace) and added all the Viper indicators, one by one, specifying for each one "Price Marker = False".

And I don't have the problem... The only price marker I see is the one associated wth the instrument; which is what I should be seeing.

So... let's just leave this aside for the time being and I'll see if it reappears...

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes