Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crypto currencies

Hi,

does anybody know a way to integrate crypto currencies exchanges into to ninjatrader, i.e. poloniex or kraken to trade Bitcoin, Ether, ZCash and all the new stuff ?

regards ali

Hello,

At this time there are no supported connection adapters for any type of crypto currencies. NinjaTrader currently supports Stock, Futures, Indexes and Forex.

If any other users have any other experience with this subject, please feel free to comment further.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also wonder connection to the Exchange crypto currencies, theoretically it would be possible to connect the outputs from the stock exchange and similar poloniex.

Comment

NinjaTrader - can you please update us. This is very much in demand.

Comment

I have been trading fiat currencies for 14 years, but I am moving toward Cryptocurrencies which have many more ways of making money and thus more profitability. But this makes my NinjaTrader license useless since I cannot use NT for Cryptos. I just need a price feed for Bitcoin (and perhaps Ether) so that I can use my indicators in NT (and ideally automation). Please keep us posted as there is accelerating interest in this functionality.

Comment

Agree on Cryptocurrencies

If Ninjatrader does not have the functionality for cryptocurrencies, then how can one import the data every day to create charts, etc.,

This is one potential crypto data API available.

Free cryptocurrency data APIs. Get high-quality historical & real-time trade, order book and volume data through market-leading REST & WebSocket APIs.

Here are other lists for crypto currencies data.

Comment

Hello all,

The internal tracking number for the feature request for crypto-currency support in the platform is SFT-2334. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTrader View Post
                If Ninjatrader does not have the functionality for cryptocurrencies, then how can one import the data every day to create charts, etc.,

This is one potential crypto data API available.

Free cryptocurrency data APIs. Get high-quality historical & real-time trade, order book and volume data through market-leading REST & WebSocket APIs.

Here are other lists for crypto currencies data.

https://letstalkpayments.com/8-compa...rency-markets/
                Hello MikeTrader,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

NinjaTrader would not support such an API at this time.

You can however create custom instruments in the Instrument Manager and import data that you have downloaded for those instruments.

Please refer to the Instrument Manager links below:
                Please refer to the information on import formats for historical data in the Historical Data Manager at the following links:
                Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks MikeTrader. I would only add Coinigy to your list of 8 places. I am not a full programmer which is why I use NT and Tradestation, but the CryptoCompare API may be useful if I can get some help with it.

Thanks Patrick. You resource will work fine for daily analysis and higher.

Comment

It would be nice if Ninjatrader consider implementing the Bitmex API so that we can have charts on the Cryptocurrencies. Also, Bitmex is one of the exchanges that has futures contracts on Bitcoin, ETH and ETC. The leverage on Bitcoin futures is 100 to 1 and has huge volume 24/7. It is also noticed that one of Ninjatraders competitors has just implemented having the Bitmex API with their charting platform, so Ninjatrader, please consider.

Comment

hi! any updates to support for cryptos? esp. connecting kraken would be fine

Comment

Hello Phaseshifter,

Thank you for your post.

There is no update at this time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Regarding the post about Kraken, you can use Trading View through Kraken if that helps.

I thought I learned of the add-on for NT8 from this thread, but I don't see it. Anyway, I am in demo with the Poloniex NinjaTrader Feed. It seems to work well. It may be the best plug and play solution thus far.

Here is the link: (It's the one at the bottom)
                          Professional Deribit Binance Bitfinex Bitget Bybit OKX Bitcoin Ninjatrader 8 Addons

Comment

Historical Bitcoin Data

Anybody have link to or would be willing to share a historical file I can dump into Ninja7 so I can run some backtests

Comment

Originally posted by ddunleavy View Post
                              Anybody have link to or would be willing to share a historical file I can dump into Ninja7 so I can run some backtests
                              You can get the whole Bitcoin trades history from Bitcoincharts in CSV format here : http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/

It is updated twice a day for active exchanges, and there are a few dead exchanges, too.

Since there are no column headers in the CSVs, here's what they are : timestamp; price; the volume of the trade

cite: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...istorical-data

also:

You can get thousands of historical datasets from https://spreadstreet.io.

All datasets are available as a tab-delimited, CSV file. The datasets are a mix between raw tick data, OHLCV, spreads, mining and economic statistics. They can be used for backtesting, analysis, and charting.

Here is an example dataset. This is from Poloniex, and is the 30 min timeframe. We have lower time frames, but the files are larger than I wanted to link in this question.

cite: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...f-minutes?rq=1

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes