Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator plotting values too soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator plotting values too soon

I'm working on an indicator that only plots when the current bar breaks the current day's high or low and closes back within the day's range. I have the indicator load each bar interval from 1 minute up to 10 minute and when I view a 1 minute chart, everything looks fine. However, when I view a higher timeframe chart, the indicator seems to be plotting signals before the bar that triggered them. Why is this? Also, how can I access values from the indicator as they appear on a 1 minute chart from a higher timeframe without the indicator consolidating the values per bar?

Hello brohnhdon,

The indicator you mention that loads each bar interval form 1 to 10 minutes, are adding data series using AddDataSeries?

You could access the values from a smaller time frame the same way you could access the values of a secondary data series of a smaller time frame, like in the link below.

Without the code I’m unable to test on my end, If you'd like to upload the full code I can take a look and see if anything jumps out. Or if you'd prefer to email a copy, send to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, and the files.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply...email sent!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238
      by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
      24 responses
      0 likes