Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Session template = <Use instrument settings> but fired trade in pre-market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Session template = <Use instrument settings> but fired trade in pre-market

I have a strategy that I added to the Strategies tab (not to a chart) on TF and had Session template set to "<Use instrument settings>" which here in California is 6:30 to 1:15pm. If I pull up a chart of TF with that setting that's the only bars I get on the chart. And when I backtest just using this setting, it only test during those times.

I set up my strat to run on SIM last night so it would trade the next day's session on SIM. However, my strat fired off a trade at 4:40am this morning, before the session's open. So why did it do that?

Hi Shodson,

There were changes made to some instruments default session template. You should look into the settings defined for TF to verify they're what you expect.

Click Tools > Instrument Manager
    Search for TF* and edit
    Note the name of the session template listed.

Check the specific times used for this session template under Tools > Session Manager.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hi Shodson,

There were changes made to some instruments default session template. You should look into the settings defined for TF to verify they're what you expect.

Click Tools > Instrument Manager
      Search for TF* and edit
      Note the name of the session template listed.

Check the specific times used for this session template under Tools > Session Manager.
      Thanks, I did that and everything seems to be in order, still not sure why it would trade outside of RTH.

Comment

Thank you for the screenshots. Can you send in your log / trace files and we can review what is happening internally with NT at the time. You can use Help > Mail to support feature for this. In the subject write Attn: RyanM 445257

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          Thank you for the screenshots. Can you send in your log / trace files and we can review what is happening internally with NT at the time. You can use Help > Mail to support feature for this. In the subject write Attn: RyanM 445257
          OK, I did, not sure if you got it or not, see attached screenshot.
          Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't look like it sent. You can attach manually in an email to support as well. They are labeled according to the date. Send the files with the date matching when you saw this occur.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

Comment

Are you using a multi instrument strategy by any chance?

When did you change the session template for this? The default session template for TF is ETH trading (Ipe Europe Futures).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post fwendolynlpxz  
              Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 12:06 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes