Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

session template and the selection of <Use instrument settings>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

session template and the selection of <Use instrument settings>

Hi...

I just wanted to verify that if <Use instrument settings> is selected in the Session Template when enabling a Strategy under the Strategies Tab that it will allow entries and close positions when the underlying Session Template that is shown as default in the instrument manager?

Also, where is a quick link that shows all the session template info along with associated times including EST all in one place (if there is not such a place, could you have development maybe add something like that)?

Thanks...

Greg

Hi Greg, correct, if you choose <use instrument settings> it would use the default assigned template for the instrument, this could be reviewed for each instrument under Tools > Instrument Manager.

All presetup session templates could be reviewed directly in the platform under Tools > Session Manager.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks...I see the session template for each individual instrument in the instrument manager, but there is not any associated (readily viewable) actual time ranges...just a name of the session template...where can I go to see all the default session templates and the actual times associated with them all in one convenient place?

Greg

Comment

Also is there a way to see the templates collection in code?

Comment

Greg, you can review all templates we offer per default under Tools > Session Manager. Each template with it's timezone and hours defined will be listed here for review and customization, if you change / create a template it's going to be saved in your database file.

For the session info accessible via NinjaScript, please see - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t7/session.htm

Comment

Hi again...I think you answered Baruch's question cause he/she asked about 3 min after my last reply (which is good info), BUT:

"Thanks...I see the session template for each individual instrument in the instrument manager, but there is not any associated (readily viewable) actual time ranges...just a name of the session template...where can I go to see all the default session templates and the actual times associated with them all in one convenient place?"

Maybe I am missing something...if you did answer, I still don't actually see times associated with the session templates all in one place for quick reference purposes etc...

Thanks...

Greg

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out Greg, you're correct.

Please go from the Control Center to Tools > Session Manager (not the Instrument Manager).

Here you can select each template we offer per default in NT and it would then show you the set hours.

The default templates are associated then in the Instrument Manager per each master instrument, we usually point to the electronic hours of the exchange where the symbol trades on.

Comment

Bertrand,
                Thanks, but that is not what I asked.
                What I need is the collection of all templates, so I can pick the one I need and then find the sessions for that template.
                Maybe there is another way, but what I want is to run a strategy on 24/7 template and be able to find ETH and RTH templates for an instrument the strategy is running on.
                I do it now by reading the "instrument.txt", but prefer to read a collection.

Regards,
                Baruch

Comment

Ok...that helps...but, do you have a link or a pdf (or some doc) you could email me that has all the times and all the selectable NT session names all in one document (so they can be seen all in one place without have to individually go through the process for each one)?

Comment

Thanks Baruch, what I've linked to where the supported NS options on this matter. I've looked further into and could unfortunately not point you to an (even if unsupported) sessions collection - I would therefore suggest to stay with the approach to read from instruments.txt sources.

Greg, you could review the mentioned instruments.txt file as well - it would be listed all available sessions as well. It would be stored under C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\db

I will also note this down for a potential enhancement of our docs for the future, thanks for this valuable feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes