transfering Drawings to new contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transfering Drawings to new contract?

Last time there was a rollover I asked if there was a way to transfer the drawings from the old to the new contract? (it wasn't possible then) Is this possible now? (Its so much work. This should be possible automatically.)

Hello kinderlich,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, it is still not possible to transfer drawing tools between contract months. This is due to the discrepancy in data you will see between the two contracts. If you were to transfer the same drawing tools to from the ES 03-11 to ES 06-11 for example, your original anchor points could likely be inaccurate.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Maybe this trick will help someone with the same problem.

A:Make a new chart with the new contract.
      B: on your old chart add the new contract, to the same panel.
      C: for the drawing you want transferred , change it properties to attach to all charts with the new contract.
      C: then on your new chart , change the drawings properties to attach to that chart only.
      D: then you can delete your old chart and, your left with the new chart with your drawings.

(Its roundabout, but better than redrawing)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
        Hello kinderlich,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, it is still not possible to transfer drawing tools between contract months. This is due to the discrepancy in data you will see between the two contracts. If you were to transfer the same drawing tools to from the ES 03-11 to ES 06-11 for example, your original anchor points could likely be inaccurate.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
        I agree with the original poster, this feature would be very useful. I have set the contracts to be continuous so there's no data discrepancy. If there were a way to have the lines transferred without having to redraw them it would be very convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by kinderlich View Post
          Last time there was a rollover I asked if there was a way to transfer the drawings from the old to the new contract? (it wasn't possible then) Is this possible now? (Its so much work. This should be possible automatically.)
          There is a pretty simple way to do what you want.

Go to the ...My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\GlobalChartObject directory.
          Rename the xml file that has the contact name, to reflect the new contract. (Or copy the xml file to reflect the new contract, if you want to keep the drawing showing on both contracts).

Comment

Originally posted by HowardM View Post
            I agree with the original poster, this feature would be very useful. I have set the contracts to be continuous so there's no data discrepancy. If there were a way to have the lines transferred without having to redraw them it would be very convenient.
            Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your recommendation to improve NinjaTrader, your feedback has been assigned ID # 537
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew

I wish to transfer support and resistance lines from the continuous contract to current contract. Is there a way to do this in NT7? Or has this been added to NT8?

Thanks

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this is possible in NinjaTrader 8. In NinjaTrader 8 the method used to load continuous contracts changed and merged the data on the back end. To do this, go to Tools > Options > Market Data and select "MergeBakAdjusted" for the Merge Policy. With this, you can then see the same chart data when using the standard front month and year as was seen with ##-## in NinjaTrader 7.

Additional chart data can be requested via right clicking > Data Series > Days to Load.

We look forward to assisting further.
                Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Aviram Y  
                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                3 responses