Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot display renko chart

Hello,

I'm a NT newbie... I've downloaded and installed NT7 and NT8. I'm connected to Kinetick eod and i also have imported data (1mn forex quotes). I can display different charts (including point & figure) but it does not work with renko (empty screen) on NT7 or NT8

Can you help me?

Thanks

Hello Alf63,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. This is due to the data type needed to build the chart bars, tick data will be required for renko. See the below section of our help guide for more on data and bar types.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?bar_types.htm

If needed, feel free to request a Forex demo from the link below in order to view all intervals.

https://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Renko

Hello EricB,

Thanks for answer. I've downloaded tick data using Tickstory (very long historical data available). It works but i still have a problem: some renko bricks are replaced by an horizontal line. Data box shows that it's always at 22:59:59.000 (when i imported data, i set time zone on UTC + 1). When it happens, NT8 creates vertical dotted lines. No problem with the same data if i display bar chart for example. I've tried with NT7, it's worse (more missing bricks).

Thanks for answer.

AF
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

To test, please go to Tools > Historical data > Edit tab.. Can you please post a screen shot of the noted data where the dots are appearing?

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's the data for 21/12/2017 and 22/12/2017 (dot line on 21/12/2017 23:59:59.000).

Regards.

AF
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alf63 View Post
            Hello EricB,

Thanks for answer. I've downloaded tick data using Tickstory (very long historical data available). It works but i still have a problem: some renko bricks are replaced by an horizontal line. Data box shows that it's always at 22:59:59.000 (when i imported data, i set time zone on UTC + 1). When it happens, NT8 creates vertical dotted lines. No problem with the same data if i display bar chart for example. I've tried with NT7, it's worse (more missing bricks).

Thanks for answer.

AF
            NT terminates all bars and starts the recalculation of the bars on the next session. The last bar of the session will often not have enough time to build a full brick.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              NT terminates all bars and starts the recalculation of the bars on the next session. The last bar of the session will often not have enough time to build a full brick.
              Thanks for help. If i understand what you mean, NT does not make real renko charts (time independant) ... and i cannot use it for trading !! ??

Comment

Thanks for help. If i understand what you mean, NT does not make real renko charts (time independant) ... and i cannot use it for trading !! ??
                NT8 specifically has the ability to create charts where there is no break at the end of the day. Try activating it.

ref: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...eak_at_eod.htm

Comment

Thanks a lot. It's absolutly perfect!!!!

If I may, I would like to ask another question: i've added a Hull MA to my renko chart. Sometimes, it goes under the low of the lowest renko brick (see pic enclosed). Does it mean indicators on renko charts are not calculated with renko bricks levels but with all the data? Any solution?

Again, thanks a lot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot. It's absolutly perfect!!!!

If I may, I would like to ask another question: i've added a Hull MA to my renko chart. Sometimes, it goes under the low of the lowest renko brick (see pic enclosed). Does it mean indicators on renko charts are not calculated with renko bricks levels but with all the data? Any solution?

Again, thanks a lot.
                    The Hull MA is a somewhat overdriven MA, by design, so that it reacts a bit more quickly to input data. The calculations are using the Renko prices.
                    Last edited by koganam; 12-22-2017, 07:47 AM. Reason: Corrected capitalization.

Comment

Ok. I'm going to look again at the Hull MA formula. If I remember correctly it's something like an average of a difference between two averages so i cannot understand how it can go under (or above) the extreme point of the data used to calculate it!!

Again, thanks.
                      Last edited by Alf63; 12-22-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary