Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer NT7

Hello there,

I have gone through the help guide section on this topic but still need help.

- I have a custom indicator that prints out a double value in MA
    - How do I override that double value with values of my own?
    - Currently I have a string output but I could create a double for the output.
    - I just am not sure how to call it correctly and the SampleBoolSeries from other posts confuses me because its been some time.

Thanks

Hello ij001,

The Market Analyzer shows the value of the Plot that is selected.

If you are wanting to change the value shown in the Market Analyzer column from the selected plot, set the Value in the indicator to the value you would like.

double myNewValue = 100.25;

Values[0].Set(myNewValue);

Below is a link to an example that demonstrates setting the value of a plot to use for a filter in the Market Analyzer.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello ij001,

The Market Analyzer shows the value of the Plot that is selected.

If you are wanting to change the value shown in the Market Analyzer column from the selected plot, set the Value in the indicator to the value you would like.

double myNewValue = 100.25;

Values[0].Set(myNewValue);

Below is a link to an example that demonstrates setting the value of a plot to use for a filter in the Market Analyzer.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...286#post436286
      The way my indicator works is I successfully plot the String using DrawTextFixed.
      Ex: DrawTextFixed("tag5", iStageString[0], TextPosition.BottomRight);

I don't have anything added as a Plot using price so using Value[0].Set confuses me.

What would you suggest?

Comment

Hello ij001,

It would not be possible to have a drawing object value appear in the Market Analyzer.

If you are going to be displaying a number, then I would recommend adding a Plot to your script and setting the Value of the plot to the value that is being set as the text for the drawing object.

Below are publicly available links to the help guide on Add, Plot, and Value.

If you need to display letters instead of numbers in the Market Analyzer, this would require a custom MarketAnalyzer.Column class script. These were not officially supported for NinjaTrader 7 and are not documented in the NinjaTrader 7 help guide. (Though custom MarketAnalyzerColumns are supported and documented for NinjaTrader 8)

For an example of a MarketAnalyzer.Column script you can take a look at the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\MarketAnalyzer\@Ask.cs script. You will need to use a text editor outside of NinjaTrader to view or edit these type of non-supported scripts such as Notepad or Visual Studio.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post martin70  
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes