Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max. Position Size

Hello,

I have a question, in the account properties I have a Max Position Size of 2 and Max Order size of 2.

When I make now 2x 1 qty OCO orders (double click) with LMT and STP, it fills the order but it delete the OCO order and it send me an Error: Exceeds account's maximum position quantity.

When I make an order with the quantity of 2 OCO orders, everything works fine.

Why does NT8 cancel the OCO in the first example, it is the same quantity?

Thanks for any help,
    Michael

edit: the problem seems only to happen when I make a fast double click on the Buy or Sell button, when I make it slow it does work, nothing are canceled
    Attached Files
    Last edited by michi08; 12-12-2017, 08:33 AM.

Hello michi08,

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the same behavior you have detailed. I will be reporting this to development.

However, you can resolve this by going to the Accounts tab of the Control Center > selecting your Account > right click > Edit Account > set the 'Max Position Size' to 10 > OK.
    Then on your chart enter a position on the Chart Trader on the Sim101 account and then close that position.
    Then go back to the Control Center > Accounts tab > select the Account > right click > Edit Account > set the 'Max Position Size' back to 2 > OK.

You should now be able to submit the 2 quantity entry order with the ATM Strategy attached.

I will follow up here when I have further details.

Comment

Hi,

with NT8 and CQG Continuum as data provider and execution feed, under "Edit Account" i can not set any order or position size. Is that a CQG speciality or was that feature removed?

thanks.

Comment

Hello autogenix, thanks for your note.

This can't be set from the platform for a live NTB account. You may send an email to brokeragesupport at ninjatrader.com and set up a max position size on their end.

Best regards.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses