Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Im looking for someone to Develop a Strategy that spots Divergence based on.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im looking for someone to Develop a Strategy that spots Divergence based on.......

Divergence between Price and MACD. I trade the ES as well as a few Forex Pairs. My main trades come from divergences I look for between price and MACD. Main divergence trades come from new lows and highs that the market makes with a pattern of a Wedge at these points of which I trade the Breakouts ( Short and Long ) as long as everything " Lines Up ". I also Trade pullbacks of double & tripple tops/ bottoms with a break from these pullbacks of an descending trendline/flag for a Long and a break from these pullbacks of an ascending trendline/flag for a short with divergence on MACD confirming the Pullbacks to Tripple and double Tops & Bottoms. I am looking for recommendations from other members on here, who may have used or know of a few good and reputable developers that I could look into developing a strategy based on my trading methodology. All insight and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone - Mike To sum it all up, my main trades are Shorts at new daily highs in Price when a wedge pattern forms with a confirmation of Divergence on MACD and Longs at new daily lows in price when a wedge pattern forms with confirmation of Divergence on MACD Also trade Pullbacks to tripple and double bottoms both long and short with Divergence on MACD to confirm the Pullbacks and a break of the ascending/descending Trendlines and or Flag breaks

mdsvtr,

Hopefully some community members can make some recommendations here for a developer, as we must remain neutral.

You could always check with our NinjaScript consultants : http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That would be easy if you can mathmatically express what your seeing on the chart.

Without a good mathmatical model, a developer will likely charge you for Ninjascript which is not really what you want. Additionally, if the developer makes assumptions about the mathmatics of your strategy, you or another developer, may not be able to understand the code enough to figure out what's wrong.

Comment

Can you post or send me a couple of screen shots of the trade setup I might be able to make something with the wizard for you to paly with.

Helping you to rise above the rest.

Comment

Indicator ready

I finished the MACDiv indicator. It can be trialed here http://www.raefontrading.com/indicators/rcmacdiv/

It is possible to use within the Strategy Wizard easily enough.
          Full instructions for owners of it.

Raef
          Last edited by raefon72; 07-07-2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

i 'trialed' the macd divergence indicator and all it did was paint the entire background of the chart a cyan color.

I recently converted over from Tradestation after 15 years of writing scripts in Easylanguage and I have searched high and low and find it incredible that Ninja doesn't have the simplest of a macd divergence indicator on their forums for general use. Seems we have some catching up to do -- FWIW

Comment

zoom zoom,

Please describe this indicator here, and perhaps it would help people understand what type of indicator you are looking for. There are many ways to set up visualizations in a macd divergence indicator.
              Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

divergence: the previous two pivot high/lows in price are divergent (different) than the trend in the last two pivot highs/lows in an indicator such as MACDs. Let's imagine you have two pivot highs in price with the second (most recent) pivot being equal or higher than the initial pivot. Imagine also that you have an indicator (such as MACD) with two high pivots that correspond with the price pivots except that the second (most recent ) indicator pivot is lower than the initial indicator pivot high. Those are divergent pivots and can suggest that price is slowing and may reverse.

I hope that helps -- I have posted a picture since it is worth a thousand words.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom 126 View Post
                  i 'trialed' the macd divergence indicator and all it did was paint the entire background of the chart a cyan color.
                  Hi Zoom Zoom I have done a short utube video on it here

The Background shaded over because the Timing zone was reached. Increase the Timing zone to 1000 or greater to cut it out. The video explains how to use the timming zones.

I didnt bother forcing the higher high price with lower MACD because it was taking away from the really good setups. The better setups seem to be when the price is starting to change also.
                  Also I wanted it to be used in conjunction with the strategy wizard.
                  All future updates will be free.

My thoughts only.

Thanks Raef
                  Last edited by raefon72; 07-07-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Strategy for indicator MACDIV

Hi Guys,

I have made a new strategy that will call a few different indicators like MacDiv or Pinbar to enter trades at a given level. I am still developing it and considering a few extra options. If you want to have a look it can be found here. http://www.raefontrading.com/strategies/
                    Happy pipping.
                    Raef
                    Last edited by raefon72; 12-30-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Made another strategy for the MacDiv. This one combines the SQ1000 seems to be working pretty good for me so far but I have only tested on Forex.

List of current strategies. Strategy Wizard simple strategy made with the NinjaTrader strategy wizard. This one uses 4 indicators that can be easily programed into the strategy wizard. I have inclu…

Happy pipping
                      Raef
                      Last edited by raefon72; 12-30-2014, 03:19 PM. Reason: new link

Comment

Usage of Divergence

The data series you selected represents the price line and in the property of the indicator you can see one property called "Method" which you can choose MACD or any other indicator type. The yellow dots indicate the difference occurance.

Comment

MacDiv Updated

Hi Guys,
                          For those that are using the RCMAcDiv it has been updated and the new download is ready. If you are an existing owner the updates are free and should be working on your machine as of last night just follow the install instructions

The new features include strategy ability it can be easily programed with the Wizard for easy use.
                          Youtube video and premade strategy here.

Using the NinjaTarder Strategy Wizard is a great way to ask questions of the market. What if I took a BigBenda signal together with a SQ1001 and had a 85c stop and a 65c target trading QAN since 20…

Happy pipping for 2015 hope its as good as 2014.

Thanks raef

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes