Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Deleted strategy from Strategy Builder still appears in Strategy Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted strategy from Strategy Builder still appears in Strategy Analyzer

Not sure if this has been reported before.
    I deleted a strategy I created in Strategy Builder and made sure it was no longer in the list of strategies in Strategy Builder or the NinjaScript Editor.
    Then I opened the Strategy Analyzer and it was still listed in the list of strategies in that panel. Can't delete it from there though.
    Pls advise.

Hello phillim1089,

Thanks for writing in.

I deleted a custom strategy within the Strategy Builder when I had it open in the Strategy Analyzer. After I deleted the strategy, I was unable to select the strategy within the Strategy Analyzer as it was removed from the Strategy pull-down menu.

Can I confirm, does this occur for you with the latest version of NinjaTrader 8? You can confirm the version you are using by selecting Help > About from the NinjaTrader Control Center. The current version of NinjaTrader 8 is 8.0.5.2. You can use the link below to download the latest NinjaTrader installer. Your license key can be looked up from the Control Center by selecting Help > License key.

Download NinjaTrader: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

If you can reproduce this behavior with the latest version of NinjaTrader 8, please provide me step by step instructions I can take to reproduce this issue on my end.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT8 Ver 8.0.5.2 64 Bit Version Confirmed

Dear NT Support,
      I have confirmed that the version I am using is 8.0.5.2 in my current version without having to utilize the download link you sent me.
      I hereby attach the screenshots of the Strategy Wizard, the Strategy Analyzer and NinjaScript Editor with the strategies listed. As you can see the "RenkoTest1" is listed in the Strategy Analyzer but not in the other two panels.

I have just tried to replicate bug by just creating a RenkoTest2 strategy (simple dummy one using Strategy Builder) and then compiling, shutting down and restarting NT8 and then opening up Strategy Builder and removing RenkoTest2 and the same problem appears, except that there is no RenkoTest1 anymore but just the RenkoTest2.

Attached are the screenshots as mentioned above.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello phillim1089.

I would like to schedule a support call with you so I can look more into this matter. Please reach out to me at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the text "Attn Jim" and the a link to the forum thread (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=98219) Please also include the following:
        • A phone number where you can be reached
        • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone) our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.

I look forward to our support call.

Comment

Support Call session unnecessary

Umm..., thanks guys but I don't think I need to have another session for you guys to go over my system a time that's probably inconvenient for me given that I am in a directly opposite timezone to the US EST.

I've listed the issue and the steps to repeat the issue and if you guys can't replicate it then it's ok with me. Just figured it was a bug you guys should know about and probably fix pretty easily. If not then you could just add it to the list of bugs to be fixed when you have the time.

It's not a critical problem for me and I can live with a dummy strategy listed in the Strategy Analyzer dropbox.

Comment

Originally posted by phillim1089 View Post
            Dear NT Support,
            I have confirmed that the version I am using is 8.0.5.2 in my current version without having to utilize the download link you sent me.
            I hereby attach the screenshots of the Strategy Wizard, the Strategy Analyzer and NinjaScript Editor with the strategies listed. As you can see the "RenkoTest1" is listed in the Strategy Analyzer but not in the other two panels.

I have just tried to replicate bug by just creating a RenkoTest2 strategy (simple dummy one using Strategy Builder) and then compiling, shutting down and restarting NT8 and then opening up Strategy Builder and removing RenkoTest2 and the same problem appears, except that there is no RenkoTest1 anymore but just the RenkoTest2.

Attached are the screenshots as mentioned above.
            Open up RenkoTest2/1, make sure all 3 names are the same. Filename, ClassName, DisplayName.

If that's not the issue, when you delete and restart - run a compile of any strategy/indicator.

There might be an issue with the delete functionality. I haven't tried to delete anything.

Comment

Hello phillim1089 and sledge,

I was not able to reproduce the issue on my end so I will not be able to submit the matter further.

@phillim1089, could check into what sledge has posted?

If you are still reproduce this issue after verifying the strategy names, you may also wish to use desktop recording software to create a video of the issue if you would not like to schedule a call. We use Jing.

I have attempted reproducing this matter again and have created a short video showing myself creating two strategies, viewing them in the Strategy Analyzer, and deleting them from the NinjaScript Editor.

Here is the video: https://www.screencast.com/t/RCXVpNrIVRTI

If you could create a similar video like I have done to reproduce the issue, I could move forward with that without scheduling a call.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi, I'm also having this issue with one of my deleted Strategies. You can see it up top with the name 'AOBias..'.
                I've already tried Reset DB and Repair DB and it's still there. Any other ideas?

Disregard: It disappeared once I recompiled. Thanks.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by PN720; 07-27-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post GLFX005
                by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes