CBOT Bonds in PATS & order types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBOT Bonds in PATS & order types

I am using the ATI functiopn to read order files which depending on the exchange works well - or not at all via Pats.

I can't seem to figure out a format for the price for the 2 year note. I've been trying to use a decimal format but this simply crashes NT. How should I do this?

Also, Pats supports synthetic order types vis "SyOMS" (when they are not native to an exchange) These synthetic order types have an exclamation mark suffix - i.e "StopLimit!" . There are also timed order types offered via SyOMS. The order type drop-down in NT only offers MARKET, LIMIT, STOP, STOPLIMIT (which doesn't work if the exchange does not support it - ie euronext). How can I get NT to communicate an order type that Pats will understand via Syoms?

thanks

Nick

>> I've been trying to use a decimal format but this simply crashes NT
    Please post the file which crashes NT.

>> How can I get NT to communicate an order type that Pats will understand via Syoms?
    Unfortunately this is not supported.

Comment

file attached

file attached
      Attached Files

Comment

1) NT does not crash here but shows these messages in the logs
        Unknown OIF file type '...\NinjaTrader 6\incoming\Book34.txt. Can you reproduce a crash and if so how?
        2) The file format is incorrect (as suggested by the logs). Please read more here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nFilesOIF.html

Comment

tried again and crashed again.

This file format has been used for hundreds of orders which execute without error. Only difference here is the price. (i changed the account number in the file I posted for security and the file name is not what what we usually use - I gave it this to post it to you).

Comment

- please make sure you are on latest NT6R4
            - please post a screenshot of the crash box you see.
            - The file you posted surely does not work. Please see documentation on the required file format (e.g. field separator is not space nor tab but semicolon - as documented).

Comment

dierk, just sent you my log file direct to you by privarte email (from Ben)

Comment

PATS & CBOT 2yr note problem

Dierk, this is not only an ATI problem, but with all order entry methods and the 2yr note.

For example:

Last traded price in Pats = 102 21.75/32 = 102.6796875

If I set the tick size in NT as 128ths (.0078125) I get a last traded price in NT of 102 28/128 (102.21875)
                If I set the tick size in NT as 64ths (.015625) I get a last traded price in NT of 102 44/64 (102.6875)
                If I set the tick size in NT as 32nds (.03125) I get a last traded price in NT of of 102 22/32 (102.6875)

It looks like the 128th tick size setting is not working correctly; but if I use 64ths or 32nds I don't get the precision.

If this is not a bug in NT, perhaps you could confirm what is the correct tick size setting for this instrument connected via Pats - it doesn't seem to be any of these above?

thanks

Nick

Comment

I'm confused. ZT is traded in 1/128 and not in 1/32 nor in 1/64. So what's the problem there?

Comment

NT displays the wrong price:

Last traded price in Pats = 102 21.75/32 = 102.6796875

I get a last traded price in NT of 102 28/128 = 102.21875

(I tried using a different tick size setting to try and resolve the problem)

Comment

I'm still confused:
                      - please reset your ticksize for ZT to 1/128 so you never will see 1/32 display as per your post
                      - NT passes through the data it receives from Pats. There is - apart from the rounding to ticksize - no manipulation on the price. How do you figure that the price displayed by NT is not the price received from Pats?

Comment

The price for ZT I get from Pats (via Jtrader) and the price I see in esignal, and the price I get from IB is not the price that is displayed in NT.

Do you have a Pats account that you test this on? this might help to clarify the issue.

Nick

Comment

I see. This is a bug in NT Pats adapter for ticksize=1/128. This bug will be fixed with next release. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Thanks, please also check the price format that NT will read from an OIF- decimals, fractions etc.

Nick

Comment

The issue was only with the Pats adapter. Prices on OIF files need to decimals (not fractionals) and are not affected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Jon17
                              by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                              0 responses