email alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email alerts

Hi. I see there have been a few threads on this topic but I am still unable to get this to work.
    I am trying to receive e-mail alerts to my personal e-mail account on my Mac. I have attached a snip to show how it looks (note that for this example I didn't include actual details of my email).
    When I try to send the test email, I get an Error to the effect "client was not authenticated... Server response was 5.7.0 Authentication required..."
    I have confirmed that the email address and my passcode are correct... any ideas what else I might need?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

For reference, here is the forum thread detailing how to configure email share services for the most common email providers:

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

Is NinjaTrader installed on a virtual Windows machine that you're running on your Mac? Or are you running NinjaTrader on a native Windows PC?

Does your email address truly end in '@me.com'? Or is that just an example in order to hide your actual information for the screenshot?

Does any email share work? For example, if you have a gmail address, can you try configuring that to see if the test email works?

Comment

I'm using 8.0.14.2 64-bit.
      I'm running Ninja on an actual PC (i.e. not a MAC), but my only active email account is through Apple. @me.com is the actual end for my email.
      I don't have any other email accounts that I can test sharing on.
      I will review the info you provided, but when I looked before it appeared I had followed the examples and was still getting the errors.

Thanks

Comment

If possible, would recommend signing up for another email account so that we have another way to isolate the issue (the question this test answers is - "is it specific to @me.com? Or do no emails work?")

Additionally, I would suggest to you add NinjaTrader to your firewall/virus protection programs' exceptions list so we can be certain they are not blocking NinjaTrader from sending outbound emails. It may be easier to temporarily disable these programs to see if the issue persists (the question this test answers is - "is something blocking NinjaTrader from sending outbound emails?")

Finally, this will likely not resolve the issue, but I notice you're running a previous version of NinjaTrader 8. The current version as of the date of this post is 8.0.15.1. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Comment

email sharing service

same issue here -

firewall... check.
          ninjatrader 8 0 15 1... check.
          try another email... check.

- thoughts?

thx, StevenH

Comment

What, if any, message appears when you use the 'Send a e-mail test' button to send a test email?

For reference, here is the forum thread detailing how to configure email share services for the most common email providers:

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

If the issue persists after ensuring you've followed the guides precisely, please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may provide further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses
            1 view