No Arrow head displayed with offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Arrow head displayed with offset

I notice that sometimes when a chart is offset horizontally to the left or right that the offset indication arrowhead does not display. If I move the chart horizontally is reappears as normal
    Attached Files

Hello James108,
    Thanks for your post.

Are you referring to the charts "return" icon? If the horizontal axis is scrolled to the left or right from its starting location, a "return" icon will appear in the top right hand corner of the chart. If you left mouse click on the icon the chart will return the horizontal axis to view the last "live" data on the chart.

Are you seeing something that is unexpected?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes the chart I sent was offset horizontally and should have displayed the Return Icon and it did not. When I moved the chart horizontally the Return icon reappeared.

So the issue is sometimes the Return Icon is not visible when it should be.

I have seen this behavior a number of times before

Comment

If you right-click inside your chart and select "Properties", what value is set for "Right side margin"?

Comment

Margin is set for 40

Comment

The arrow will only appear when you have scrolled away from the current bar. If you are back in the default position then the arrow would disappear. Your right side margin having a large value like that may makes this behavior less pronounced.

I created a short video of what I believe you are experiencing to show that it is expected. Can you confirm that this is what you are seeing?

Comment

What you showed in the video is normal operation which is what I see 98% or the time. What happens occasionally is that when the chart is offset from the default position the arrow does not appear as it should.. If I manually move the chart horizontally the arrow reappears.

the issue with this is of course there can be times when I quickly look at a chat and don't see the arrow and assume the price is updating normally.

Comment

While we are on the subject I would like to make a feature request.

Sometimes when I load a workspace of say 14 charts there maybe 6 of them that are offset horizontally and showing the "return Icon" In this case I need to click on each of the six charts to get them properly aligned. I would like to be able to make the "return" icon global such that I can click one "Return Icon" and all the charts on the given workspace are aligned to the proper position.

thanks

James 108

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll keep my eyes peeled and see if I can reproduce this "in the wild". If you figure out any specific steps you can take to make this happen please let me know.

I will go ahead and submit that feature request for you. I'll update this post when I get a tracking number.

EDIT : Feature request tracking number is SFT-3352
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshG; 10-08-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I've been having the same problem with the chart "return icon". It happens pretty much every day for the last few months. I can't seem to find a way to replicate it though. Is there any update on this?

Comment

Hello Taggart,

At this time I do not have any updates about this. I will have a vote added to this request on your behalf.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                      Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes