NT7 and Interactive Brokers Friends and Family accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 and Interactive Brokers Friends and Family accounts

I see that there has been quite a few questions about IB friends and family support here in the past, but I'd be grateful if you could provide the current status of this with NT 7 in a definitive way.

Is this possible, please:

1) Use Kinetick as the data feed

2) Connect to an IB master account, with active friend & family sub accounts

3) Run one instance of TWS with IB master account login

4) Autotrade a strategy on one chart

5) Automatically enter a position by sending an OCO order to the master account The OCO order has stoploss and profit targets associated with it.

6) The IB master account propagates that OCO entry order and child orders to the sub accounts

7) The order needs to be modified (move stop loss, for example) by the strategy so it is sent to master account and then propagated to each of the sub accounts

8) Make further changes to orders as determined by the automated trading system, each of which are then propagated to each of the sub accounts

9)Profit targets are hit or stop losses are triggered by each of the sub accounts by the OCO orders

Thank you

Hello Operandi,

Thank you for your post.

1. Whenever you connect NinjaTrader to more than one data provider then it is important to the significance of connection order:

2. Connecting to multiple Interactive Brokers account is possible but you will first need to check with Interactive Brokers directly to see how the accounts are established/related. Then you will want to review the Account Groups feature in NinjaTrader:

3. see #2 response

4. You can apply an autotrading strategy to a NinjaTrader chart window. Whether or not the account(s) can be consolidated under one login for order placement will depend on the previous items.

5. This is more of a strategy question. It is possible but would require custom programming in NinjaScript to facilitate. Let me know if you are interested in this and I can provide some resource links to help you get started.

6. After you ascertain the info from Interactive Brokers on how accounts are configured then we can respond to these questions (including 7, 8, & 9).
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It would be really great if you added the ability to do different quantities in the account grouping instead of just replicating the trade across all the accounts. As of right now, my only choice is to run the same strategy multiple times each linked to a different account. Even better would be some way to support IB's allocation methodology that they do at the master account level.

Thanks,

Rich

Comment

Hi richp6,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will forward this on to development for further consideration.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With Interactive Brokers F & F account and Ninjatrader account group feature, are OCO orders modifiable in the master account which automatically replicate in client accounts at this point in time?

Comment

Hello,

No, subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by richp6 View Post
              It would be really great if you added the ability to do different quantities in the account grouping instead of just replicating the trade across all the accounts. As of right now, my only choice is to run the same strategy multiple times each linked to a different account. Even better would be some way to support IB's allocation methodology that they do at the master account level.

Thanks,

Rich
              Hi does NT7 or NT8 allow us to specify different quantities for different accounts?
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello,

No, subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually.
              If we place a friends and family order in across 2 accounts how do we manually manage the exits - any sample code for this specifically?

Comment

Currently there is not an allocation option within NinjaTrader however development has assigned this feature request ID # 1011 in their tracking system.

If you have submitted your exit order to the Account Group they will be in place however if you want modify the exit orders to a new level then you would need to select each account within the order entry window then modify them individually.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                  If you have submitted your exit order to the Account Group they will be in place however if you want modify the exit orders to a new level then you would need to select each account within the order entry window then modify them individually.
                  How do you select each account from a strategy, and manage the exit orders? Is there any sample code to do that?

I'd like to know this for NT7 and NT8 please.

Thanks very much.

Comment

I am currently looking into this further for Master accounts and will send you a follow up as soon as I gather additional information.
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                    0 responses