Can't reload historical data Renko chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't reload historical data Renko chart

I can't reload all historical data of my Renko chart (future FTI 05-16) anymore. It's greyed out.
    I am now missing yesterday 17-5-2016, this day I didn't have NT7 running that day. But the previous week I also could not reload historical data.
    However, in all my other charts it is still possible to reload historical data.
    I already tried a
    - restart,
    - disconnect/connect
    - load smaller Renko and then back to larger Renko
    - load 5 Minute and then back to Renko
    - and a DB repair
    but so far no cure.

How can this problem be solved?

Hello trail,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Can't reload historical data Renko chart' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Are you able to reload historical data in Renko charts that have a different instrument selected? Is it possible to reload historical data in FTI charts that have a different interval than Renko?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Log files have been sent.

Answer to your questions:
      - Are you able to reload historical data in Renko charts that have a different instrument selected?
      No, with ES Renko the same problem
      - Is it possible to reload historical data in FTI charts that have a different interval than Renko?
      When changing to for instance 30 Minute, than yesterday (May 16) is present and Reload Historical Data is no longer greyed out. If I get back to Renko the problem is the same as before...

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately this is as expected when you connect to Interactive Brokers. They do not support historical tick data in NinjaTrader. Renko bars are build by historical tick data and therefore you cannot reload historical data in the chart.

Comment

OK, I see. Thanks for your quick support.
          Well, that's a pity, I didn't know that.

Do you know which (cheap ;-)) brokers don't have this problem?

Anne

Comment

Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix will list 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Continuum, IB and FXCM.

The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            115 responses
            1 like
            Last Post kevinenergy  
            Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
            1 response
            0 likes