Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DyanamicSRLines Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DyanamicSRLines Indicator

Hello Everyone. I need help with an indicator that I found here in the forum. The name of the indicator is "DyanamicSRLines". It's a five star indicator. Here is the link to it: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...N&pp=15&page=4
    I hope the link works.
    This is my problem. I installed the indicator into the file with all other indicators. However, when I try to apply this indicator to a chart, the indicator is not available. Also, when I try to apply this indicator into a stragegy, it is also not available.
    But, when I try to edit the indicator, the indicator is available.
    I don't understand what is going one. Has anyone used this indicator and got it working? It looks like a very good indicator.

Best regards,
    Phoenix7344

Hello Phoenix7344,

Thank you for your post.

I have imported the DynamicSRLines and I am able to apply to a chart. Do you receive any error messages in the Log tab of the NinjaTrader Control Center when opening the Indicators menu on your charts? If so please detail in your response.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Try finding the S/R lines on the last day of your historical data series graph ...

Comment

Is it possible to use these lines as a condition, such as if it breaks a certain distance below the support line then exit? Or is this just strictly a visual indicator.

For instance if i wanted to do..

Close[0] < DynamicSRLines(Color.Red, Color.Blue, 3, 200, 5, 10, 2)[0] - 1

Is there a way to specify I want it to look at the support line specifically? Kinda like how you choose the low middle or high bollinger band.
        Last edited by zachj; 02-23-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Hello zachj,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the lines are not plots. We would need to expose these values by editing the code of the DynamicSRLines in this case. You can find an example of this at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4991

Comment

Can you be more specific on how I would have to edit the code? Would I have to use the BoolSeries as in the sample or would I be using another one of the series like DataSeries or something else?

Comment

zachj, currently this would be a visual indicator only, but you can see it accessing the found SR levels for creating the display via the Draw methods in OnBarUpdate() - those values you could store in a custom series and expose that series then for access via the concepts shown in the sample Patrick pointed you to. In this case it would not be a bool series since you would want to access the price based SR values on a bar by bar basis, and those would be double values...
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
                Can anyone share the modified DynamicSRLines which saves the values of the SR lines in a series that can be accessed from a Strategy?

Comment

Hello rperez,

I added 6 plots to the DynamicSRLines indicator, one each set to a line.

You can axis these plots in a strategy by referencing R1/R2/R3/S1/S2/S3. I've attached a screen shot of how you'd reference these in the strategy builder.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
                  Attached Files
                  Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Alan, please do you have this modification in Ninjatrader 8 ?

Regards

Comment

Hello walter739,

Thanks for your post.

It looks like Alans Ninjatrader7 version was lost from this thread when the forum was updated. I've recreated the indicator for NinjaTrader7 and have attached it below. I modified it so that there are only 3 support or resistance lines and a plot is available for each. I also relabeled the lines from L1 - L3 (red or blue) to R1, R2, R3, S1, S2, S3 so that it will be less confusing when using them in a strategy. I am unsure how you would use this in a strategy because the lines are dynamically changing.

Please note that Neither Alan nor I are the original author of the indicator, we merely provide a modification which we are reluctant to do because everyone wants/needs something different so we generally do not provide this type of service.

Here is the NinjaTrader7 version:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DynamicSRlineswithplotsNT7.PNG Views:	0 Size:	36.7 KB ID:	1152644
                      [ATTACH]n1161754[/ATTACH]

Here is the NinjaTrader8 version

Click image for larger version  Name:	DynamicSRlineswithplotsNT8.PNG Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	1152646

[ATTACH]n1161753[/ATTACH] ​
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 06-29-2021, 06:24 AM.
                      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks for your time Paul, This indicator work for me, i can learn how is the change with the original, I try use for alert in market analyser.

I wish this kind of indicator for backtest strategy, but i cant find yet in other providers.

Appreciated your time.

Regards

Comment

Hi, Paul, the link is broken, can you please upload the link again for DynamicSRlineswithPlotsNT8.zip? Thanks.

Comment

Hello 168822,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I've reloaded the zip files, please try downloading them again.

You may want to try using a different browser if what you are using is not downloading the files.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul. The link works now. Really appreciated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH