Improve OCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improve OCO

I'm new to Ninjatrader (NT) after having used Tradestation (TS) for several years. There are many features in NT that I find superior to TS, but order entry using OCO is NOT one of them. NT OCO allows two trades to be connected via OCO, and I can choose which two from order entry, stop, or target. I suggest that OCO (like Tradestation) activate a cancellation of either the stop or the target, depending upon what is hit first, but that the overall OCO setup be based upon fill of the initial order. As it is now, unless I've missed something and am doing it incorrectly, if I set OCO with stop and target, if I'm expecting a pullback below current price, but have my target set somewhat below current price, then the target order will get filled first, and cancel my stop before price ever reaches my initial order point. This needs significant improvement in my opinion.

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

Glad to assist. This can be accomplished by attaching an ATM (Advanced Trade Management) strategy to the OCO linked order bracketing the market. With this, if either is filled, a new set of stop/targets are submitted, automatically linked with OCO.

See below for more on ATMs.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gement_atm.htm

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:

Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
    For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    Submit your stop order to buy above the market
    For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    Submit your stop order to sell below the market
    CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM or Chart Trader and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes