Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convert NT8 replay data to NT7

Hi,

Seeing that I am having trouble downloading NT7 forex replay data, as it gives me a 'There is no L1 replay data available for instrument/date' error; I was wondering if I can convert/import the replay data from NT8 (which i can successfully get) into NT7. I was looking at the data files on windows and it seems that:
    • NT7 store replay data in: C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\data\<data_date>\<symbol_name>.ntm

• NT8 stores replay data in: C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\replay\<symbol_name>\<data_date>.nrd

I simply tried to copy the GBPUSD.ntm file to 20180914.nrd and put it in C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\replay\GBPUSD\20180914.nrd but I knew this wouldn't work. The data between the two file types would obviously reside in different data structures.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by sarahc; 09-15-2018, 01:41 AM.

Hello sarahc,

Thank you for your post.

The NinjaTrader 7 Replay Data is not the same format or type as the NinjaTrader 8 Replay Data. These cannot be passed between versions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for the reply. So NT8 is is the way to go then. I just don't like the significant redraw lag when moving the slider in replay mode. But I guess I'll have to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahc View Post
        Hi Patrick, thanks for the reply. So NT8 is is the way to go then. I just don't like the significant redraw lag when moving the slider in replay mode. But I guess I'll have to live with it.
        Explain? Is it replaying more than 1 day before getting to your time? Right click in the playback and select playback current day only or something related. ..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        171 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Irukandji