mahToolBar Version 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mahToolBar Version 3

I just uploaded in downloads a new Version 3 of mahToolBar indicator. The mahToolBar3 adds icons for the NT8.0.15.2 new drawing tools Time Cycles, Polygon, and Order Flow Volume Profile.

Please note the volume profile icon works only with the NT live license (Hopefully, until this tool becomes available for demo accounts).

Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aligator; 08-12-2018, 09:09 AM.

Hi, when I try to import this indicator, it says it's from an older archived version of NJT. I'm using 8.0.15.1 right now.

Comment

Hello PN720,

The file wasn't an importable NinjaScript zip file...

I re-exported it as a NinjaScript zip file and re-uploaded it.

Clear your browser's temporary files and re-download.

(As a heads up, SendKeys.SendWait() doesn't really work well with NinjaTrader 8 and should be avoided. Below is a public link to the RolloverIndicator which shows sending keys with Keyboard.FocusedElement.RaiseEvent() and a forum thread discussing this

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=107401)
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-21-2018, 02:19 PM.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
        Hello PN720,

The file wasn't an importable NinjaScript zip file...

I re-exported it as a NinjaScript zip file and re-uploaded it.

Clear your browser's temporary files and re-download.

(As a heads up, SendKeys.SendWait() doesn't really work well with NinjaTrader 8 and should be avoided. Below is a public link to the RolloverIndicator which shows sending keys with Keyboard.FocusedElement.RaiseEvent() and a forum thread discussing this

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=107401)
        Thank you Chelsea,

I had uploaded the last version as a Windows 10 compressed .zip file. Also, over a 100 downloads since the upload, and this is the first reported import issue. Obviously, the Ninja Export zip method is the preferred export method and is noted for future uploads - Thanks.

The indicator mahToolBar3 works nicely for me as written. The indicator uses NT8 default icons and associated hot keys and has no issues that I know of with SendKeys.SendWait(). Please let me know if you have noticed any specific working issues with this indicator.

However, the SendKeys.SendWait() may not work well if certain keyboard keys are used as hot keys (such as Up, Down, Right, Left, etc.). All the hot keys used in mahToolBar3 are functional.

Cheers!.

Comment

Hi, I think there's an issue with the mahtoolbar and the newest NJT8 version (8.0.16.0). I had to remove it before upgrading as it was returning error messages post upgrade. I'm unable to import it after installing 16.0 as NJT says it was created from an older version.

Comment

Hello PN720,

I looked at the version of mahtoolbar we collected prior to the forum migration and it does appear the author will need to update this script for it to work for imports.

The naming for the icons for DrawRegionHighlight was changed so the script is now using incorrect syntax which is causing the error.

If you are able to modify the file yourself, you can manually import the file by dropping it in the documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/Indicator folder. After doing so you would need to modify the lines 237 and 245 to contain the correct names:
            Code:
            NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.Icons.[B]DrawRegionHighlightX[/B]
            NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.Icons.[B]DrawRegionHighlightY[/B]
            The author will need to update their copy and then re-upload to the filesharing section once its back online.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,
              Thank you for the update and I'm now able to get that custom indicator to work with version 16.0.

Comment

when is this going to be back up?

Comment

I just wanted to post back on this item,

There was a service release 8.0.16.1 which addresses the code-breaking change mentioned in post 5 and 6. Please update to 8.0.16.1 at this point to prevent the compile error mentioned in post 5.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                    I just wanted to post back on this item,

There was a service release 8.0.16.1 which addresses the code-breaking change mentioned in post 5 and 6. Please update to 8.0.16.1 at this point to prevent the compile error mentioned in post 5.

Thanks Jesse,

I am a little confuse here. I was planning to post a new version of mahToolBar3 to address the compile issue as a result of changes to Draw Tools in version 16.0.

Do I still need to post a corrected version of my indicator after the service release 16.1? Did 16.1 correct the posted mahToolBar3 indicator?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello aligator,

I would suggest updating the toolbar to contain the new names in the future but this is no longer a breaking change so this is something you can do at your own pace. New icons were added for the region highlight tool to denote X and Y. The original icon you used was removed in 16 but added back in 16.1 to prevent it from being a breaking change.

Once the new filesharing section is up and available you could amend the changes to the file if you wish and re-upload it, for the time being, anyone on 16 will have an error and will need to update to 16.1 instead.

Comment

Would it be possible for the development team to make it so the drawing tools drop down menu could be placed as a sidebar (if desired) with just the icons rather than having to install an add-on?

Comment

Given the large number of downloads of this tool bar .. would it not be better for ninja to incorporate this into the version(s) - ie have a display option to attach a side tool bar.
                          This openness of ninja to create addons in this instance also highlighted the issues of code breaking and dependencies on these file shares. The ones that have merit and value
                          should be considered for integration to core ninja?

Comment

There are currently at least 2-3 free NT8 indicators out there for a side tool bar that you can search and download.

The mahToolBar3 was specifically designed to install in the main menu to save chart space and give the user a choice to pick and choose icons for tools of interest only. This thread was meant to inform the users of mahToolBar3 development. I will upload a new version as soon as the download section is available to address the recent issue that is now resolved..

I suggest you create a new thread under New Feature Requests section to receive proper NT support.
                            Last edited by aligator; 10-19-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Hi aligator, I want to download your MahToolbar, but before I do I just wanted to make sure it runs ok in the recent update of NT 8. please advise. The link says mahtoolbar-2 but isn't there a version 3? please send link if possible. Thanks!

mahToolBar – Version 6 This version updates the code to includes several new icons for NT8 default Drawing Tools plus additional chart management tools. The mahToolBar6 indicator installs drawing tools icons in the NinjaTrader 8 Main Toolbar for a one-click drawing. The early version of this indicator with selected tools used sample scripts from several […]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Denver_Wayne  
                              Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes