Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM speed of order replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM speed of order replacements

If I have a strategy that launches orders via the manged orders approach or to an ATM.

The strategy often adjust the values according to the behavior of the underlying instrument; should I be concerned about sending too many too fast orders to the Ninja continuum?
    What should be aware of, what are the limitations, what is the valid approach? Is there an example available?

With this concern in mind is it better to use ATM or the managed approach?

Thank You
    G

Hello giogio1,

Thank you for your note.

Are you looking to send an oder update every microsecond (one millionth of a second) or once a minute? There are no limitations however the time it takes for an order to travel from your machine to the broker/exchange and get notification back takes time, and if you are trying to modify orders between that time you could run into an issue.

I've attached a strategy which modifies orders via the managed approach, modifying the profit target every bar. You could see the SampleATMStrategy preloaded with NinjaTrader for an example of an ATM.

As to what is better approach, managed or atm, that would depend on what you're looking to do. If you'd like to manually manage the ATM after submitted then use the ATM approach. If you want to automate everything and be able to backtest historically, the managed approach would be best. See the ATM Strategy section of our helpguide,

See the managed section of our helpguide,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlanP; 09-04-2018, 07:55 AM.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Really nice to see that there almost no limitations.
      I'll use ATM in the future and for now, for simplicity just the managed approach. I am using renko chart or 100 ticks bars on ES which could be very fast changing.

To avoid issues during the delay for the notification back...

I place the entry order via EnterLongLimit.(). Should I guarantee a fixed delay (how much?) or should I wait for the feedback from Ninja: how would I do that with the managed approach?

I guess that for the exits using just SetProfitTarget/SetStopLoss I don't have to worry about anything, as the Ninja manged approach address the issues of very fast updates.

Thank You!

Comment

Hello giogio1,

You could wait to receive an update that the previous submitted change is in a order state of OrderState.Working.

Please see,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
        0 responses
        1 view